Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "Delete Device" button to your My Account webpage

I have just spent over an hour on the phone trying to delete an obsolete spot device from my account. It seems there is no way to do it online - only by phone. It has been a complete waste of my valuable time, and it is COSTING SPOT UNNECESSARY OVERHEAD. These is a real lost profit opportunity for Spot - and it is very ANNOYING to your customers...

451 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

106 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. An ability to contact you to cancel my account

How about a way to contact you so I can cancel my account?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. text and check in notification

to show if your check in notification, text, tracking , messages have been successfully sent. right now it does not show if they have worked or not. we have no way to see if our messages are being delivered.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve SPOT X USB door

The flap door never stays on because of the current design of the 2 little plastic numbs. The door should be redesigned with stainless steel pin like what is used on watches. If Spot is using satellite to communicate then it should put a weather app in as well. Good to now what the weather is when out in the middle of nowhere.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Email address on website

It is ridiculous that when I click "My devices" I get a "General error" with the message to try again later or contact you. When choosing the latter I get told only for USA/CAN users AND you're not online at the time of writing this. WHY do you not have an email? You cost an arm and a leg and you provide NO service. VERY VERY BAD.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Signal strength indicator on SPOT X

Add signal strength indicator to top bar of screen or something, anything, that indicates the signal strength so we can optimally aim the device.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Spot X must accept AA or AAA batteries as an option without use of powerbank.

Having built-in only rechargeable is not sufficient for and emergency device targeted for outdoors-men and gals crowd.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wrap on predefined messages list on SPOT X

Make it possible to go to bottom of 14 messages by pressing up when on the first message and back by pressing down

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Phone app to edit message profiles and device settings.

It will make changes on your message profiles easier and faster.
    Even better it It could be integrated with your phone agenda.

176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to add a secondary payment method

There needs to be back up payment information on the system. I was just on a 28 day trip through the back country of Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona, I had paid the annual renewal fee last month, and have been a client for over a year paying the monthly fee. At the beginning of the trip my credit card was compromised and turned off because of it. I did not have internet or email access for much of the time I was out in the back country so when you tried to charge my credit card and it…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stronger Tracking Signal

Increase power for tracking signal. The tracking capability is too weak relative to other trackers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Flat bottom on SpotX

I just want to put in an idea for a small product upgrade. Put a flat bottom on the SpotX since the antenna needs to be straight up, so you can set it on something. With the Bluetooth version, it would be even more useful because you are texting with your phone and don't want to find a place to lean it against. A little clip-on flat bottom for existing ones would be nice as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. External antenna for Sat-Fi2

Add an external antenna option for this product. Not only makes it work better and look better (because I can mount it in nice places), but you can charge me extra for it too! Win-win!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sat-Fi2  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SpotX should tone when sending SOS

When SOS is activated SpotX could make sound. Then if you could not see the device at least you could hear it

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Longer Data Storage

I would like to see SPOT save the history of a customer's trip inside the account for the life of the account.
    Strava (iPhone) for example retains all you have done and it offers summaries"

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  S Admin responded

We are actively developing a new mapping and storage system. Please check back for future updates on this project.

16. Timestamp incoming messages with the time they were originally sent, not when received.

The timestamp on an incoming message should be the time it was sent, like with e-mail. Currently the timestamp is the time received, which is useless information. A message like "see you in 2 hours" is meaningless on a device that fetches messages at long intervals, unless we know what time it was sent. You have the information in the header of the original text or email. Use that instead of replacing it on the Spot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Continues Tracking

have the spotx device be able to track after pushing the button whether it feels movement or not.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make billing information accessible for Globalstar phones

Better online information. Be able to see usage, transactions, invoices, etc. There is very little information available now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cookie Preferences Button

It's really, really annoying to have that cookie preferences button overlay still showing even though I have gone in and set the preferences. It obscures things I'm trying to see/do, and once my preferences have been set there is no reason for it being there. Even before preferences have been set it should have been implemented differently to not be obscuring your website. This is especially bad in the settings area. It obscures important settings and information. Get rid of it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give discounts for multiple devices on an account

Some people are willing to have two devices such as spot trace to keep track of assets and Gen2 to wear on their person. Why not give customers a discount for having multiple devices. It would help keep customers with the company longer as we all know it cost more money to bring in new customers than it does to retain an existing customer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base