What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

Offer short-term subscriptions outside of United States

SPOT should offer the option of a subscription that lasts for one month only.

Many users don't use their devices regularly and therefore are disadvantages by subscriptions that last for one whole year at a time.

318 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The cost of yearly subscriptions are too expensive. We have "find friends" on the phones. If we go bush where there is no cell phone coverage we may reconsider.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will you be adding Flex Plans and other options for SPOT Gen 3 users? Or are these fabulous new plans only going to be available for SPOT X users?

• Bazz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shortterm subscriptions what a joke if I took out a 3 month term at your $25 for fist 3 days plus $5 per day I would be paying twice the price for a quarter of the time LOST MY SPOT

"Flex Plans, which require no annual contract, are now available on SPOT X in the US and Canada. These plans will be available as SPOT X rolls out in other countries."

Please explain how that helps me with a SPOT Gen3.

• Paul Delis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry Spot I have dropped your service, now way to expensive at $32.00 NZD per month, I now have Garmin inreach mini at $20.00 NZD per month and it text as well, good luck with the future

Great idea! When taking hikes during three short summer months, why have to pay for nine unused months.

Paying US$199.99 per year plus a "Network Maintenance Fee" of US$24.99 per year makes your service too expensive for the likes of me. I normally only use my Spot Gen3 for a total of six weeks each year. If this issue is not addressed with short term subscriptions at a significantly lower total cost, then I will not be renewing my subscription next year.

• Delta PCT 2016 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, any idea about a worldwide availability for Spot Gen 3?
        Backpackers are not so rich so a month like Spot X Flex basic @ 9.99$ would be nice :-)
        And of course reduced activation fees (like 4.99$) as it will be renewed for each adventure...

Thanks to improve your services...

• Graeme Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice that you are "excited to introduce new month-to-month Flex Plans for SPOT X which require no annual commitment."
        Well, that's great for people who have access to SPOT X, and want to purchase new hardware.
        The service is not even available in Australia, even if we wanted to purchase the new hardware.
        Your customers want the option to have month by month plans for legacy devices.

Can you explain me, why you are selling monthly plans (flex plans) for SPOT X and not for SPOT Gen3? I use a SPOT Gen3 and do not need all the stuff SPOT X has! Please sell this flex plans for SPOT Gen3 too.
        Thanks
        Michael

• Allen Barrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a spot gen 3 which like so many other casual users, I would like to activate on a monthly basis.
        Let me know if this is every likely to happen or it just stays in the cupboard as a wasted piece of equipment.

• Chris Stapleton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the opportunity to buy 20 disconnected SPOT GEN3 Devices which I would make available for short rental to schools, hiking clubs, off road trip. However this would only be viable if shorter term connection periods were available. I wo7ld expect a premium to be payable though

There was a girl planning to hike the Swedish Green Ribbon that asked on FB if there was somebody who wanted to sell their Spot to her. She got 8 Sellers in less than 1 hour. I was one of them!
        Make this change now!

This is the only reason why I´m planning to sell my Spot Gen 3 and byu another one this summer. It´s too much money to pay for five weeks use.
        Make the change immediatly if you want to keep Swedish customers. On social forums the discussion is to sell Spot and byu another one called PLB.There´s no subscription at all on that one.

I'm sick of paying these yearly prices for the time used.
        I only use it twice a year for a one week escape each time.
        So what would I be willing to pay for 1 week service, Aus.$15.00 sounds about right.

I live in Australia, had a SPOT subscription for 3 years and am now looking at other options due to the high cost of subscription for my usual 1 to 2 months use of the device over a year. A short term subscription (month at a time) would make me look at the SPOT again. I have also registered my support for a basic subscription (I don't want or use the tracking function but have no option other than to pay for it)!

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. On-demand and Rental should really be available everywhere SPOT is available.

We are in the US, and had to pay for a year when we did a 9-day PCT hike. Definitely not worth it. Being able to purchase a specific amount of time is much better.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base