What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

SPOT App necessary updates

The SPOT app does some things good, but it has plenty of opportunity for improvement. The following "bad" are things to fix:

Bad - Can only access one spot account. So if you have multiple loved ones who carry SPOT and have different accounts, this app can only show one of them at a time. And reconfiguring for another account is work.

Bad - Doesn't highlight the latest track/OK point. If the latest point blinked, then you could easily tell where the person was without having to zoom in and read the time-stamp on each message.

Bad - Only works when you have a data connection. It isn't capable of accessing coordinates from text messages and displaying them on a map.

35 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fred Astaire shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jared Maartens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys.

Cellphone app definitely needs an overhaul.
    I think a lot of people would agree with this.
    Hard to track. we have 6 units and to track each one is a nightmare.
    Some suggestions like:
    Different colors maybe for each device ?
    Path or trail for each unit on map for when traveling or traveled ?
    Name of the unit above marker when looking at the map ?

For the price of the unit and the subscription i think we could get something like a tweet or too ? ;)
    Thanks again
    Regards
    Jared

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

update your app, has't been done in 3 years, does't work on Iphone or Ipad

6 ft under water and the SPOT is ruined. My friend fell from his boat and the SPOT stopped working. The Gen 3 is basically useless if you get it in the water. For the price of the device and coverage you charge the device should be waterproof to at least 50 ft.

The app only shows points and if we dont delete older points, it's hard to know what was the route. It would be helpful to see routes per session or based on the points that are selected.
    The ability to save these routes would be great- and be made shareable as gpx files etc.
    Make the app more user friendly and people will love SPOt even more!

The mobile app is really behind all other brands. If tracking, I want the push notifications to come- instead of SMS or email- which sometimes do not arrive! Since we already use the app, just having this simple feature of push notifications to get alerts is the VERY BASIC that can be done on the app.

Tell everyone about Spot Buddy app. Works with cell data connection or WiFi. Tracks multiple Spot devices.

Feedback and Knowledge Base