What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

Improvement on background map quality

The background map used in message presentation is very inaccurate in the Nordic countries countryside. It should be possible to choose from different map sources with the same projection, like Openstreet, Esri maps.
To get a good view of a route from ie tracking, you must today first export a set of messages to a .gpx file and import the file into another mapping solution (like Esri ArcGIS online or Garmin Basecamp). This is tedious and should not be necessary.
Messages should also be stored indefinitely.

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lars shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to bring in a background map from ArcGIS, including online maps with layers.

please please meke this map work!!!! i have no coordenates registered, is all gone!!!! i need them!!!

Friends and family get confused about where I plan to go vs. where I actually go. Having the intended route, and possibly alternate routes, setup on the map prior to the trip would allow them to see if I'm deviating from plan or not.

• Curtis DeVault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My SAR team uses SPOT Gen3's to track where our members are at and communicate with us in the event radios do not work or there is an emergency. The issue is that the team owns some of the devices and some volunteers own their own. During a call, we could be keeping track of upwards of 10 browser tabs to see where our people are at. We would like the ability to have one comprehensive map view bringing in devices from multiple accounts and more advanced filtering/display options. I would also like the ability to add this live data to other mapping systems such as ArcGIS Online or Google Earth via dynamic KML or similar. Giving users access to the data to do what we wish would be huge to me.

• Felipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This map really does not work! Please, fix it. Impossible to filter the track.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Supporting more background mapping options like Snowmobile trails, Nautical charts, Aviation, hiking, etc..This would help support teams, followers and rescue teams better understand where you are in relation to roads, trails and other points of reference / context.

Feedback and Knowledge Base