What features and functionality would you like us to build next?

Send us an acknowledgement emails when you charge our credit card along with amount

You charged my credit card for this year's bill, but never sent anything letting me know that you did so.
I know that you sent an email telling me 2 months before that you will be charging.

59 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ed Grote shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave Wilhelm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I activated my spot 1 year ago and forgot that it was set up to be an automatic renewal. The renewal date was 10/6/18 and we happened to see today (10/8/18) that the renewal was billed to our credit card. I was not planning on using the spot during the upcoming year so of course was not happy about paying for something I was not intending to use. I would like to make a suggestion that email reminders be sent out prior to the renewal date as many other companies do (eg. virus protection). We all have enough to keep track of. If your business model is to take advantage of customers like myself who lose track of automatic renewals than I guess you are doing the right thing. I believe it would be better customer service to add the alert email to your protocol.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forcing customers to have automatic renewal to use the service at all is bad enough. It is unconscionable not to notify your customers when they are going to be charged for service that they may no longer need and provide a simple way to suspend service.

• hsmom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to contact SPOT to find out when I was going to be billed which was already to late. I also was not aware of the 30 day deactivate policy.

It would be helpful for members to receive a renewal notification atleast 1 month in advance

Refund and inform customers about renewal. Don't debut accounts without informing customers.

Bad at Spot.

Notify me when my renewal is due or more importantly when Auto renewal has failed and I am carrying round a function-less device

Feedback and Knowledge Base