Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SPOT App necessary updates

The SPOT app does some things good, but it has plenty of opportunity for improvement. The following "bad" are things to fix:

Bad - Can only access one spot account. So if you have multiple loved ones who carry SPOT and have different accounts, this app can only show one of them at a time. And reconfiguring for another account is work.

Bad - Doesn't highlight the latest track/OK point. If the latest point blinked, then you could easily tell where the person was without having to zoom in and read the time-stamp on each message.

Bad - Only works…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to be able to either show live tracking on the Adventures page, or be able to load a route and waypoints onto the Share page

I would like a way for family and friends to view my progress on a designated route that I upload or create. This would give them a better idea of progress, and if I've deviated from the route. Really important in adventure racing. A dot on a map doesn't do much for people who don't live in Alaska.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spot HUG customized sensor names

Spot HUG devices NEED custom sensor names. You used to have this. Why the change?? Change it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Like to see a Full detail on how to use the your own web page tracks/accouns and so on

Like to get the company do a full detail on youtube on and about your own web page from seeing the tracks and to see all and the details and tips and tricks there is nothing to make it better to understand

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improvement on background map quality

The background map used in message presentation is very inaccurate in the Nordic countries countryside. It should be possible to choose from different map sources with the same projection, like Openstreet, Esri maps.
    To get a good view of a route from ie tracking, you must today first export a set of messages to a .gpx file and import the file into another mapping solution (like Esri ArcGIS online or Garmin Basecamp). This is tedious and should not be necessary.
    Messages should also be stored indefinitely.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Clip-on mount

A clip-on mount would be helpful for people who don't want their device swinging from their belt, pack, etc. The clip needs to be big, and grip hard to keep the device in place.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SPOT app back up data.

I have had to uninstall reinstall the SPOT app and have lost the data that was available prior to uninstall.

Option via setting to manual backup/restore of data. Needed in case of new phone or uninstall reinstall.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Number of spots on map in the table ?

One good information is to have the number of each spot visisble on the map in the table. more easy to identify what we want to map.

Another point is to eliminate the "Share" object that prevent us on amc and android to click on + and - or the street view icon. Please ...

Impossible to zoom to without a mouse ...

Best wishes, Marc

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. send I,M OK and SOS at the same time

we need to be able to send I,M OK and SOS at the same time for when
    u come across an accident and THEY need help and u don,t want your wife and son scrambling to come to help you and cause them worry.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. contact numbers on your bills

service center call agents available and ph numbers to talk to people.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide a way to recycle your old SPOT for people that need them, like a women's shelter

There are probable people that could benefit from having a spot if they got in a dangerous situation, but couldn't use their phone, like someone staying at women's shelter

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve service & pricing before OneWeb and SpaceX make SPOT obsolete in a couple years

Both of those companies are engaged in projects to fill the sky with thousands of broadband Internet providing satellites with initial offerings beginning in 2019 for OneWeb and 2020 for SpaceX. Virtually every ISP along with companies offering services such as SPOT will become obsolete. Times change and I don't see how Globalstar and SPOT will survive without some extraordinary type of new features and capabilities at a price point requiring only pocket change to compete with the pricing that will be offered by the space companies.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop charging a hidden "network maintenance fee."

You're just ripping us off. It isn't the **** phone company. You can actually disclose all your charges.

Seriously, how do you justify a charge not mentioned anywhere on the website? Get some executives from Comcast?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pro-rata subscription

We are 77 years old and we do not go off road in Australia that much now, and we are getting away less in our caravan. Perhaps a subscription related to how many days in a year SPOT will be used. At the moment it is getting expensive.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editing Location Profiles

I find the website extremely difficult to use and entirely not intuitive. I would like to be able to set up multiple locations that I am planning to go to. Then easily selecting which location I am going to. I set the custom message differently for each location providing the phone number of the local police department. The font size is super small. It is really hard to figure out which location I am editing. I have to change the location to the active one before I can edit it. It is all so difficult. It could be so easy.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would really like a decimal coordinate option

You guys really should give us a decimal coordinate (UTM) option

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customer support

I am very disappointed by customer service. I requested back plate as I lost it and customer support did not properly place the order so when I called back a week before my trip I was told that order was not placed properly. I requested to expedite an was told they would try. When I called 3rd time it was yet to ship and was told it will take 15 days. Don't think spot cares what happens to me when I am in wood to save $4 if expedited shipping. Sorry no more spot for me it any friends of…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow iOS app to add SMS and email recipients

My iPad iOS device could not add recipients.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Offer exchange on old spot messenger

My old spot messenger is not able to connect with newer IPhone. You should offer discount/rebate for customer who own these units to change for new Spot.
    We should be able to send and receive text message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Worthless statistics

Asking the customers is a good idea. However, the statistics are worthless in the sense of Winston Churchill: "I only believe the statistics that I have falsified myself". Proposals that are ahead in the ranking always stay ahead. The users (not just me) get tired after reading the first 20 or 30 suggestions and say goodbye. Suggestions on the 100 back ranks are barely read and therefore always stay there. This statistic is at best self-deception.
    Alexander Sy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Feedback and Knowledge Base