Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FIX Spot X incompatibility with Inmarsat and Iridium Devices

We originally had a Global Star Sat. Phone. When they discontinued their Monthly Service Plans and forced yearly contacts on us the phone became cost prohibitive as it was only need 3-4 months a year. Global Star suggested the Spot X as an alternative.
    Having just text capability to our remote ranch would be acceptable so we chose the Spot X. However, our Partners have Inmarsat devices. We just found out that your device (Spot X) is incompatible with both the Inmarsat and Iridium devices even though we can text to them using regular cell phone service when its’ available. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spot X must accept AA or AAA batteries as an option without use of powerbank.

Having built-in only rechargeable is not sufficient for and emergency device targeted for outdoors-men and gals crowd.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pause mode on Spot X NEEDS to be a selectable feature that can be turned off. As it is now, you cannot track while kayaking.

You introduced pause mode while tracking on Spot X recently. And, you forced it on us. While kayaking, since there is no walking vibration, Spot X goes into pause mode within minutes. Rendering tracking while kayaking useless. It is not a feasible solution to suggest that I shake the unit every 15-20 minutes to get it out of pause mode. Make pause mode on tracking with the Spot X an option that can be turned off. I suspect that I'm going to have this same problem long distance biking this summer. PLEASE give me the option to shut pause mode…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Global setting for adding GPS coordinates and Altitude to messages

Just a nice-to-have: most of the time, I send my lat/lng and alt when texting from my Spot X. It'd be if there was a global setting to check these boxes by default when I create a new message (and I could then uncheck them manually for a specific message).

I want to thank the Spot X devs for listening to customer feedback. You've been really responsive in incorporating our ideas and I really appreciate it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Gen3 design advances, Subscription Pricing

1) Increase output from current 0.4w to at least match the inReach 1.6w signal output. It currently works poorly under forest canopy, and a more powerful wattage output can only improve on that weak design feature. The consequent increase in physical size of unit is an acceptable trade-off.
    2) Re-orient the antenna to better maximize signal output while hanging the Gen3 upright from a work vest lanyard.
    3) Keep the annual subscriptions at a lower price point, because inReach is looking ever more tempting, as your prices rise for this-and -that.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to add a secondary payment method

There needs to be back up payment information on the system. I was just on a 28 day trip through the back country of Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona, I had paid the annual renewal fee last month, and have been a client for over a year paying the monthly fee. At the beginning of the trip my credit card was compromised and turned off because of it. I did not have internet or email access for much of the time I was out in the back country so when you tried to charge my credit card and it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow firmware update over the air

I only use smartphones and tablets, so I cannot download the firmware updater to update my device. I always need to do this using someone else's computer.
    Allowing device firmware to be updated over the air would be great.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please make the SOS big field also profile dependent.

I use a lot of different profiles, works nice as I go places every year again. In every profile the values I fill in change with the profile.

Please make the SOS big field also profile dependent.
    Here I fill in the insuarance stuff which stay the same, but also info about the guide of the group, which is profile dependend.

Thanks for listening, Hans.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stronger Tracking Signal

Increase power for tracking signal. The tracking capability is too weak relative to other trackers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PLEASURE BOAT TOWING SERVICE WHEN OUT OF CELL RANGE.

GET EITHER TOWBOAT US OR SEA TOW ON BOARD SO WE CAN GET A TOW FROM THEM IF WE ARE OUT OF CELL RANGE. THEY CAN REQUIRE AN ADDITIONAL, EACH TIME, FEE FOR THIS OPTIONAL SERVICE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow more contacts to be stored on the device

You allow over 200 waypoints but only 70 contacts. I will never use that many waypoints. More contacts would be great

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Globalstar monthly billing improvements

If there is a missed payment for any reason, please include the past due amount in the following month’s charges.

If the customer does not have an email address, please send a physical letter asking to update the credit card information if there is a missed payment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Play a recording when calling a SPOT X phone number

This should be an easy one, but very important. When someone phones the Spotx number it should not say the number is disconnected or no longer in service.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be able send a SMS to SPOTX from sharepage

while people are viewing share page have the ability to share message back to the spotx. weather via email or SMS.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ability to end billing from website

i cannot find a way to remove my master card from billing, I also see no way to end billing and stop all services. I have been on hold for some time to attain this now. very frustrating. it is doubtful we will use globalstar in the future because of this.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Website & App

Your website and app are super clunky. You would sell more products if your website and apps didn't look and function like they were from the 1990's.

If you'd like help. I work for a company that can handle those exact needs. Raizlabs in Oakland California.

Thank you!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Built in stand for SpotX

SpotX requires the antenna be upright. Most things like stumps ,tables and other things we would normally set Spot down on to send a message are flat. Standing spot is somewhat of a pain in the butt. I taped a triangle shaped piece of plastic to the back of mine

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Offer more grid system options

This system would be very useful for the military if it used the MGRS system as an option for location. LAT/LON is not as common for ground forces, and is generally not taught.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video on how to use the Compass

in-depth video on how the compass works and how to use it on the SPOTX.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. update your payment terms

Your Systems are incompatible with european debit card payments

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)