Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pause mode on Spot X NEEDS to be a selectable feature that can be turned off. As it is now, you cannot track while kayaking.

You introduced pause mode while tracking on Spot X recently. And, you forced it on us. While kayaking, since there is no walking vibration, Spot X goes into pause mode within minutes. Rendering tracking while kayaking useless. It is not a feasible solution to suggest that I shake the unit every 15-20 minutes to get it out of pause mode. Make pause mode on tracking with the Spot X an option that can be turned off. I suspect that I'm going to have this same problem long distance biking this summer. PLEASE give me the option to shut pause mode…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Acknowledgement from a SPOT Transmission that the recipient has viewed the sent message.

Acknowledgement signal that a message sent from SPOT Gen 3 device was viewed by the intended recipient.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve SPOT X USB door

The flap door never stays on because of the current design of the 2 little plastic numbs. The door should be redesigned with stainless steel pin like what is used on watches. If Spot is using satellite to communicate then it should put a weather app in as well. Good to now what the weather is when out in the middle of nowhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better SatFi2 hardware and Better Android Software

Fix bugs in Android software that keep the application locking up. Make better SatFi2 hardware (Unit needed replacement after three months and now the replacement unit is failing to power on after six months).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sat-Fi2  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support questions on line

Allow for question to be answer online. Support such as a user forum

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Flat bottom on SpotX

I just want to put in an idea for a small product upgrade. Put a flat bottom on the SpotX since the antenna needs to be straight up, so you can set it on something. With the Bluetooth version, it would be even more useful because you are texting with your phone and don't want to find a place to lean it against. A little clip-on flat bottom for existing ones would be nice as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Spot X API via USB port

An API for the SpotX so we can initiate txt messages via the USB port. On our boat we have a small PC on the bridge to send emails, check wx, ect. It would be nice if we could use the USB cable to trigger the SpotX to send a normal text message. If I see correctly, the SpotX already emulates a COM port, so basically we would just need the command added to the unit to construct and send a message. Getting signal strength or the ability to pull msgs from the unit would also just be too cool…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SpotX incoming notification should be higher-pitch and easier to hear

When SpotX fetches a new incoming message it makes a fairly low tone and dim sound. This should be at least be changeable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Explain where to find ESN and Auth Code on all devices

Tell people where the Auth Number is. You say where to find the ESN why not tell them where the Auth is.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Timestamp incoming messages with the time they were originally sent, not when received.

The timestamp on an incoming message should be the time it was sent, like with e-mail. Currently the timestamp is the time received, which is useless information. A message like "see you in 2 hours" is meaningless on a device that fetches messages at long intervals, unless we know what time it was sent. You have the information in the header of the original text or email. Use that instead of replacing it on the Spot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More characters in Predefined and Help SPOT Message

Please add more characters to Help/SPOT SOV message. 110 is not enough to include local contacts in case of a non life threating event.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Legacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make your website my account page mobile friendly please!

Please make this site mobile friendly so we can edit on the go!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Associate a name with the "Send Messages To:" phone numbers.

On the Account Profile, "Check In" tab, add a place to associate a name to each of the "Send Messages To:" phone numbers. Right now, I can't remember which number goes to which of my contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Spot Gen3 to message SpotX

I have both a SpotX and a Spot Gen3. Spot Gen3 requires a Phone Carrier name to add it to the contact list. I wish to be able to have the Spot Gen3 to send my pre-made message to SpotX

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Website & App

Your website and app are super clunky. You would sell more products if your website and apps didn't look and function like they were from the 1990's.

If you'd like help. I work for a company that can handle those exact needs. Raizlabs in Oakland California.

Thank you!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Power button should be placed different. it is too easy to turn the unit on, overtime when it is in my backpack it turns on

different on and off button, so the spots x is not turning on while in a back pack

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Global setting for adding GPS coordinates and Altitude to messages

Just a nice-to-have: most of the time, I send my lat/lng and alt when texting from my Spot X. It'd be if there was a global setting to check these boxes by default when I create a new message (and I could then uncheck them manually for a specific message).

I want to thank the Spot X devs for listening to customer feedback. You've been really responsive in incorporating our ideas and I really appreciate it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. True north option

Hello, so I would like you to make a change to your navigation tab. would it be possible to add the option'TRUE NORTH 'in the REFERENCE FOR NORTH tab. The reason is that, when one works with a compass that has been preset with a 20 degree declination for example, it is the option that comes closest in this circumstance. Garmin gps are equipped with this option. thank you in advance and I like my spotX.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)