Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple contacts in messages threads

When choosing a previous message thread to send another message if there was more than one person in the original message it will only select one recipient. It should send to the same group of recipients

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem to change the account.

My idea is a problem that I have.
    I have the basic account, and I try to upgrade to the account where it sends a signal each 5/10 minuts from my device, but I don´t find the option in the web side where I can upgrade my account.
    I don´t think that your page is istuitive to do it. :(
    How can I do it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. problem with payment AGAIN

I've been using spot for year and still now I find your website very confusing. Every year I have a problem with renewing my plan. The automatic payment didn't go though and again I have no idea where is the option of making payment. You really need to fix this. It is so frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need a way to record wind especially for sailing

have the ability to see the wind direction like old radar feature help sailing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sat-Fi2  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make activations simpler

Third time trying to activate where is the code and serial number etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SEND SPOT TEXT MESSAGES WITH A LINK

It would be most helpful when a text message is sent via SPOT if the geographic coordinates were sent as an internet link. As it is now the text message comes through with numbers that have to be cut and pasted in google in order to see where the message was sent from.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My Locations - Map - Improve display and filters

I have never experienced a worse user interface. I'm trying to use this data for a world record certification and it's impossible to set the times on the map. I've tried using Chrome and Firefox. When I try and set dates and times for the filter, I can set the date but not the times. The boxes appear but you can't put data in them to change the time. I've got to be honest, this is terrible.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Wireless firmware update

I just paid for a SPOT X, then paid for activation , and for a service plan, and for GEOS … and cannot use my device because my computer’s OS is too old to manage the firmware updatefile. So I need to buy a new computer, or find a friend.
    Surely any device that can communicate by satellite can be tweaked to support wireless firmware update?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Instructions on how to use SOV

I just added the SOV service, and had to call tech support to figure out how to use it. On the device setting page, it has me "UPDATE YOUR SPOT S.O.V. PROFILE" with two phone numbers, but no explanation about whether I should include the SPOT device number or a cell number or my emergency contact's phone number. Please include instructions on that page.

Your tech person explained, but also said that the Nation Safe Drivers may not know that my SPOT device is text only, so I should include a cell number. Since you have a contract with them,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create messages before rental

Make the message to be created prior to start date with a single test spot message to confirm it's working

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rental / On Demand  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. contact detail in message thread

When opening an existing message from message thread it shows name of contact but doesn't tell you if its the phone number or email for that contact

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Spot to Spot comm included like predefined messages

If messages between Spot devices were included like predefined messages(no cost) then friends of people with Spot would be more likely to purchase Spot to communicate with each other

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. feedback on spot x

recently completed a 8 day backcountry ultra endurance race. My spot x was set on 30 min tracking. I started out with it inside a phone bag for extra protection but they told me that it wasn't transmitting so I removed it from the bag and it began working fine. the problems I had were: 1. battery only lasted about 3 days and I had to charge it up twice during the event (luckily I had capacity for this) 2. the charging usb cover is very cheaply attached and would come open during the course of the day forcing me…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Link to Google maps on messages sent to phone

When messages are sent to email if you open the second link on your phone. It opens Google maps which will show where you are in relation to the pin sent from Spot. Would be great to have this link sent to phone recipients.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need a way to set and view device options on the web

I purchased my Sat-Fi2 through a reseller. I found out during a support call that my device is registered as belonging to the reseller. Because of this I am unable to log in to the website and check my usage or configure device options. Will this feature be made available for those of us who purchased through a reseller?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sat-Fi2  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improvement on background map quality

The background map used in message presentation is very inaccurate in the Nordic countries countryside. It should be possible to choose from different map sources with the same projection, like Openstreet, Esri maps.
    To get a good view of a route from ie tracking, you must today first export a set of messages to a .gpx file and import the file into another mapping solution (like Esri ArcGIS online or Garmin Basecamp). This is tedious and should not be necessary.
    Messages should also be stored indefinitely.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Share Page improvement

SHARE PAGE settings
    an ideal situation would store email addresses.
    also maybe an option to edit & save the email addresses within the share page

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. shared page

I believe it would greatly imptove the confidence in the unit user to know that the tracking is being seen, for example, have the ability for your list of shared users to quickly send you a note/comment within the shared page itself... similar to what Garmins inReach does... nice to have feedback in the field knowing that they have your back...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. battery indicator, would be god to know if i should change the batteries before they die when i need it most

battery indicator, would be good to know if i should change the batteries before they die when i need it most

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base