Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Global setting for adding GPS coordinates and Altitude to messages

Just a nice-to-have: most of the time, I send my lat/lng and alt when texting from my Spot X. It'd be if there was a global setting to check these boxes by default when I create a new message (and I could then uncheck them manually for a specific message).

I want to thank the Spot X devs for listening to customer feedback. You've been really responsive in incorporating our ideas and I really appreciate it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rotate Photos in adventure

Currently, my adventure: for the photos section, is loading some, not all, photos incorrectly, on it's side rather than top up. It would be great if there were a function that allowed users to ROTATE photos, crop, edit etc...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Contact number

Wont let me both hold the account and be the primary contact even though i selected to not be the user

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Wireless firmware update

I just paid for a SPOT X, then paid for activation , and for a service plan, and for GEOS … and cannot use my device because my computer’s OS is too old to manage the firmware updatefile. So I need to buy a new computer, or find a friend.
    Surely any device that can communicate by satellite can be tweaked to support wireless firmware update?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. elevation ??

would like topo lines with elevation on map when using the ctrl roll to zoom in - they aren't always there

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SPOT app back up data.

I have had to uninstall reinstall the SPOT app and have lost the data that was available prior to uninstall.

Option via setting to manual backup/restore of data. Needed in case of new phone or uninstall reinstall.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SOS Profiles

On the Spot2 and the Gen3 we had ten profiles that we could change which included an SOS profile for that profile you had chosen but on the Spot X you can not so if you hike in one area you would have to delete that and re-write the sos message for that hiking area you are in there is loads of information that you could write in for more support to the GEOS team just for that area no are is the same which I had 10 could you make it so that we could highlight that SOS profile…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Number of spots on map in the table ?

One good information is to have the number of each spot visisble on the map in the table. more easy to identify what we want to map.

Another point is to eliminate the "Share" object that prevent us on amc and android to click on + and - or the street view icon. Please ...

Impossible to zoom to without a mouse ...

Best wishes, Marc

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use of multiple devices

If we could switch between devices ourselves it would save Spot time. Having multiple devices can be very expensive. In many cases we don't use multiple devices at the same time. For example, I have a daughter that lives in Banff and goes out on trips occasionally and has a Gen2, I also have a son who lives at home in Strathmore(2hrs from Banff), he occasionally goes snowmobiling and takes a Gen2. If I could switch between devices myself it would save me having to call in to have your guys do it. Same idea would work for Trace but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display fewer data points on shared maps

I want to use the spot device as a real-time field personnel tracker, and want to only show the most current position.

Right now the least amount of data I can show is 24 hours. This is way too much for what I'm doing. I would like an option that displays only the last (ideal) or last two positions received.

Please add a 10 minutes or 30 minutes option to the edit shared page "Share GPS Locations from the Last:" dropdown menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. the recording

This should be an easy one, but very important. When someone phones the Spotx number it should not say the number is disconnected or no longer in service.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Message: As a person "color-challenged", it can be difficult for me to discern the colors on the Spot3 LEDs. Part of it is me and how I hav

Message: As a person "color-challenged", it can be difficult for me to discern the colors on the Spot3 LEDs. Part of it is me and how I have to attempt to discern colors- the flashing is much too quick for me to make a decision on what color it is (I have to work with contrasts). If the LEDs flashed in a slower manner (i.e. 1 sec ON), it would be helpful for me to determine what color I am looking at. Might sound weird, but us color-challenged peeps have to look at things a bit differently. Thanks for reading…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spot Mentors

This is something I've been doing for 10 years. Get people onto using Spot and help them with every aspect. I know you guys have 24/7 help but people need to be encouraged to familiarize themselves with the use of the device so they get comfortable with it. Most times before they phone you for help ,they have already been frustrated by the account or the device and get rid of it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. send I,M OK and SOS at the same time

we need to be able to send I,M OK and SOS at the same time for when
    u come across an accident and THEY need help and u don,t want your wife and son scrambling to come to help you and cause them worry.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please fix inconsistencies regarding services provided (offering vs. billing)

Please fix inconsistencies regarding services provided (offering vs. billing)

I have been struggling for quite some time (2-3 years) with some considerable inconsistencies between the services provided and listed in the account profile versus those listed in the billing statement.

Context:
    My account services list:
    1. SPOT Basic Service
    2. SPOT S.O.V.
    3. Unlimited Tracking
    4. GEOS Search and Rescue Benefit

And here's what the "Contract Charges Detail" shows in my billing statement:
    1. Network Maintenance03/01/2018 -- 03/31/2018 14.99
    2. SPOT S.O.V.03/01/2018 -- 03/31/2018 30.00
    3. SPOT: Check03/01/2018 -- 03/31/2018 199.99
    4. SPOT: Search03/01/2018 -- 03/31/2018 17.95

I only listed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Globalstar Canada needs to offer seasonal plans

There are about 250,000 hunters in Quebec. In order to meet their needs, Globalstar should consider offering 6 month seasonal plans.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Emailing coordinates before deleting

I went to download my locations and found it only saved back 16 pages. With unlimited tracing this did not go far back in my holiday so I have lost much of the trip info.
    My idea is to save say 110 locations in a buffer and when the buffer is full email the the oldest 100 locations to the user and then delete the buffer. That way you do not need to save locations and the user will get all locations to do with what they like. One format is good enough as if you are using them then…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatically update your SPOT X downloader.

I'm so tired of running my copy of the downloader, connecting, and being told I have to manually download a new version because mine is out of date. This happens not on occasion but all the time. Please download a new version and install it automatically.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. European phone number for Spot X

European phone number for European customer. That was the feedback from customer support:

Dear Florian Schendel,

Thank you for contacting SPOT Customer Relations.

This is regarding your question concerning SMS messages from your European SPOT X service.

We are unable to issue a European number for the SPOT X devices. The service is only available with North American numbers.

Thank you,

SPOT

Contact Us

If you would like to provide feedback, please use the link below.

Feedback

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Feedback and Knowledge Base