Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep SPOT devices simple

I need none of your new features. I have been a Spot user for over ten years and purchased it to provide a means of sending messages via satellite when in the remote back country with out any other means of communicating. So far 100 % of my messages are “OK” messages but the comfort of having Spot is in its emergency option. Keep it simple and for its original intended purpose; not another “social media” experience.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  SPOT Legacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I absolutely hate your new maps pages.

I absolutely HATE your new Map pages. The only reason I pay for tracking is so my wife can follow my travels. It is now so complicated she is unable to follow along. How the do I give her a shared page that she doesn't need to log into each time she tries to see it. If you don't find a way to simplify this I will not be renewing my subscription next year. It used to simply work. I would send her a shared link, she could bookmark it and it worked. It doesn't now. I'm not stupid, in

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Shared Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MAPPING

I'm using your services since 2014 and this new Mapping styles does not make any sense. It is taking to much time to figure out things, and you have too many options that I don't want, don't need and too much useless information. What I want is to see the route in a timely fashion. The new system has only dots connected wich gives you a big spider net but in the old system the dots were numbered so you could follow the directions easily. This new system is useless, can't be navigated and
    I don't even know it is…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hate your new Page

You ruined a perfectly simple page and designed one too complicated and useless for the average user. Your new price plans are overpriced and for some reason, my contacts do not receive my shares. You have no general email to contact you, other than phone numbers. After years of being a loyal subscriber I am happy to cancel and go with another provider.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Legacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would like the mapping platform to be user friendly

Frustrated with changes on the mapping platform and please have someone with expertise knowledge on mapping to call me.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quit adding stuff, we are elderly and no longer can see where we were, what the ****? It was nice before when it tracked us.

How does a person set up tracking instead of just the one point where we turned it off. This is totally worthless to us. Please don't say "all you have to do is" it seriously is much harder than that for us.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make coordinates automatically send with message without needing to check box

Please update firmware to be able to automatically send coordinates with text messages without needing to check location box every time. It is so easy to overlook when sending a message. Should be able to set it one way or the other and forget it!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Now that my wife has used the new software for a while she wants you to know that she still hates it.

It is called "usability testing". You missed that step. The new mapping software is the brainchild of some manager who does not have a clue. I learned a long time ago that if you have to spend $2 to keep an existing customer happy, you have to spend $5 to acquire a new customer. Really bad idea irritating your customers. You do realize that most customers who are unhappy do not complain. They just move on.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get SPOT Tee Shirts!

Start selling SPOT Gear, like Tee Shirts, Hats, Jackets, Etc.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The new functionality of the new mapping seems to be a step (or more) backwards.

Trying to find anything is not intuitive. Roll back the software to a earlier version, or give users to choice of installing the older software.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Tracking Way Points must be Numbered on Historic Map

I use SPOT to track my Kayaking Adventures. On the old system, I could quickly look at a map, after an adventure and see my tracking way points, and they were numbered. I use a screen shot of each of my mapped adventures, to incorporate into my videos.

Please add a function, such that the # of the way point, can appear on the historic map (like it used to).

This is an important feature when teaching others, about the appropriate way to navigate.

Without the tracking # on the historic map, the map is useless to use.

Please add…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Old spot

Bring back the old spot. The new SPOT X is very difficult to use and is unnecessarily complicated.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show percentage of battery left

I like to check the level of juice left in my tracking device battery. I like to know when it sends the low battery alert how much time before it sleeps?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Trace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. See Other SPOT X Users in My Hiking Party

I would like to be able to see other SPOT X users in my hiking party on the topo map. This may be a security concern, but if each of us gave permission to see each other's location, that would be incredible and an advantage over your competitors.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simplify

Mapping is complicated and frustrating. Neither I, nor my viewers, want to spend hours trying to figure out how to use your new platform. Simplify things. The shared page should have some VERY SHORT instruction as to how to view things. The average viewer will likely give up trying to see where the asset is on a given day. Will likely not renew my subscription ( had it for nearly 10 yrs).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In order of messages received

It would be nice if a multiple message(s) received (from a long worded, single message) were listed in chronological order, especially on the app.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Contacts/waypoint + setting sync without usb connection

Contacts/waypoint + setting sync without usb connection. It should be possible to sync such kind of data via bluetooth and IOS/Android app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Numbered location pins

Location pins should be numbered on mapping. I previously had spot connect and my wife could log in to see where I was on her iPhone. Now all she sees is dropped pins

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Switch Plan via My Account

I’d love to be able to switch my plan via my account page. You seem to have an account management system that is stuck in the 1990s.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Beep every 5 minutes if there are unread messages

Beep on new message.

There should be an option to beep every (1/5/10/30 minutes) when there is an unread message.

This would seem so simple to implement and so obviously necessary that it should have been done already.

I don’t want to check the spot 300 times a day, but I DO want to know if a plan has changed.

It should also have an option to beep if a message you sent has not been marked as sent within 60 minutes - so you can attend to getting better signal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base