Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Syncing is awful - Main

There has to be a better way for syncing... my brand new Spot X keeps giving me this error message and I can't get passed 50% of syncing. This is terrible. Please help fix this bug!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Sync Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the screen text larger

I need a microscope to see read the display. Either use all, large text and ditch the icons, or just use icons that are as large as possible and eliminate the text. SOMETHING. The backlighting is poor. Imagine, in an emergency, in the dark, can't find reading glasses, iphone camera is dead, and I cant read the screen to save my life. It's like you compromised to please everyone, and the result is poor. ALLOW me to pick a GUI format, eg. LARGE TEXT ONLY

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let us go back to old map format

need to stick with old format

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Mapping Platform Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create an Essential Minimum plan.

Create an Essential Minimum plan. I was willing to pay $ 50 annually for 20 messages and the SOS service

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hello, I have been a spot customer for 4 years now. I lost all my emergency contacts of off my contact list ?? Why would this happen?

I have been a spot customer for 4 years. I lost all my emergency contacts of off my contact list? Why would this happen? Also please quit changing the website ! The original spot web site was much easier to use and navigate ! Also the yearly fee should be $150 not $250. PLEASE lower the yearly fee. Thank you. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Beep every 5 minutes if there are unread messages

Beep on new message.

There should be an option to beep every (1/5/10/30 minutes) when there is an unread message.

This would seem so simple to implement and so obviously necessary that it should have been done already.

I don’t want to check the spot 300 times a day, but I DO want to know if a plan has changed.

It should also have an option to beep if a message you sent has not been marked as sent within 60 minutes - so you can attend to getting better signal.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Design a SPOT X bag to protect the SPOT X from the water

My Spot X remains on my deck bag of my kayak while I paddle. Constant sea water spray and immersion make me wonder how well it will stand up to this constant abuse. My previous Gen 3 was also kept in a waterproof nylon bag with a clear window that allowed full function while it was inside. I cannot find a bag designed for the SPOT X that serves the same purpose.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. improving the quick start guide

This looks like a kick-***, well-designed product. But getting started needs a boost!

I got stuck on "LED button test" Step 1.

First, no image describing what the button names are (e.g., the "Track" button). So I downloaded the user guide and saw the button layout on page 6 (SIX!). Who knew track == map pin icon?!

Then I got stuck on Step 2. Track and Power buttons have a clear detente. I could not push the SOS + Help buttons no matter how hard I pressed. No help on the LED/Button test. Then I found your help videos. No…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Not sure--haven't used product enough to know.

Just called ROBERT in Customer Service. He helped identify my update problem as a cable issue. Patient with me and explained what I needed. I ultimately found the right cable and VIOLA--it's all good. He's a genius.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Service Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Where are my Tracks?

I just spent 15 mins trying to find my tracks and now have given up. This is so poor. What happened to the easy simple straight forward link on my old profile page. - My Tracks ? what is happening ?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Old mapping tracks were numbered PLEASE bring this back

My wife finds the new map useless when trying to find my current location. Simply add numbers to the track like it was :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. An invoice available at the time of the charge

Please make the invoice available once the credit card has been charged. I'm constantly battling with my expense reporting folks / rep from SPOT over getting a pdf of a bill I've already paid.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Replace the screws on the back panel of the GEN 4

Gen three had screws to secure the cover that allowed one to remove the back cover for battery replacement without the need of a screwdriver. Gen 4 doesn't have that and requires a screwdriver in order to change the batteries. This is a step backward in my opinion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Routes showing timeline

I want is to see the route in a timely fashion. The new system has only dots connected which gives you a big spider net but in the old system the dots were numbered so you could follow the directions easily.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SPOT Mapping UI Terminology is unclear

I hate to be this person but I'm trying to get my new SPOT set up for use with SPOT Mapping and the UI is terrible! How am I supposed to know what an "asset" means in this case? Is it map files? Is it the device? Is it a profile? I did a search for "What is an asset" in the help documentation and it turned up empty. So frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Compass works erratically

I went through the calibration process as described in the manual, thereafter at our campsite it showed geographic north where the sun came up that morning (90 degree error)! A week later at home it showed north more or less correctly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better user guide and self help option

Started trying to set up my new Spot X more than 2 hours ago. I'm still working on it, and I don't think I'm close to done. The documentation you published is substandard where it isn't outright misleading. The whole thing seems deliberately designed to be as confusing as possible. I've managed to turn it on and pay for an account. Nothing after that has worked as expected.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Looks like there is no possibility to downgrade the tracking plan

Select Tacking plan basic or extrem for next periode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  All Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Information to FAQ

PLEASE, in the FAQ section, let it be known that if you purchase a used device and the original owner does not deactivate the account that you cannot register or use the device under a new account. I had no idea this would be an issue. Thankfully, your rep was able to contact the original owner and get the OK to deactivate their account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base