Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Message and Tracking Spot X versus Spot Gen 3 - Main

I have owned the original Spot, Spot 2, Spot Gen 3 and now spot X.
    Spot 2 & Gen 3 were much better for sending positions than the original Spot.
    Since upgrading to Spot X, I am finding sending positions to be quite poor. My hit rate was much higher with Spot 2 & Gen 3.
    Sending messages is also a problem. We use Spot X when MTBing in outback areas, where there is no mobile coverage. Sadly, the Spot X has a low success rate for sending positions, and sending text messages has not been good. Most messages just…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Product Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SPOT X battery/Power Issues - Main

I just bought a Spot X and the battery is not charging even thought it says that is is hooked up to the usb and plugged in????

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Firmware Update on iPad, Tablet or Smartphone

Explain UP FRONT that the download wil NOT work with an iPad or other tablet. I spent lots of time trying to download it to my iPad without success, only to learn from the customer service rep that I needed a laptop or desktop. Is that really necessary? Think about the fact that your users are generally on the move—which means we don’t have a desktop for sure, and may not even have a laptop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Firmware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable the ability to have tracking turned on by default

We are trying to implement our lone worker program using the SPOT-X. The inability to set Tracking on by default is seen as an issue with the product. It would be very helpful to have the ability to turn this on by default if desired.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to share waypoints in SpotX - Main

Not always you want to send your actual position, but a "rendez-vous" location. It would be nice to have the option of sending a waypoint in a message.
    For example: Meet me at this point: 50.xxxx, -66.yyyy. Receiver can map it directly and not having to enter the position in a GPS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Publish emergency callback phone numbers

I had to use the SOS feature this summer, and there was some delay contacting my wife and son because they didn't recognize the number you were calling from. We all get lots of spam phone calls, and are conditioned to not answer unknown numbers.

It would be helpful to have a list that our emergency contact people could add to their phone contacts so they know they're getting a call from a SPOT emergency dispatcher.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Properly Secure the device updater

The device updater does not allow you to paste a password in when logging in. This means you cannot use a password app to manage a complex password and people will use less secure passwords. This is a horrible practice that is extremely insecure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Firmware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use regular batteries on the SPOT X not just rechargeable.

Should be option to use regular batteries or rechargeable. Having just rechargeable means have to carry MORE technology to recharge. Maine winters get -30F and wilderness trips can last ten days or more. A few AAA batteries are easier to carry than a charger which can also drain in the cold. Solar charges are useless if cloudy, snowing conditions. Bad feature of the SPOT X.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wrist Watch

I'm a realtor and constantly taking new clients to areas where my phone doesn't always work. It would be nice to have something small and inconspicuous that I could have to make an S.O.S. and tracking so that my husband can see my location and movements. Its hard to hide the Gen 3 when wearing summer clothes. Something that is a little fashionable for women.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make the website easier to use. It's difficult in Windows, and 5x more difficult on an iPhone.

Put all the settings on 1 page instead of spreading them out under different categories. Set it up so when you're finished with the 1-page, everything is set: contacts, emails, dates, shared contacts, messages... everything in 1 page. I just drove 3000 miles and none of my contacts could see where I was... and I couldn't figure it out on my iPhone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gift voucher for SPOT services

It would be great if I could buy a gift voucher for Spot services. My son loves hiking and just got a Spot but he has limited finances so being able to give him a voucher for his Spot connection would be great as a Christmas present. There must be lots of other people with family and friends who hike or travel to wild places who would love to get a subscription or a gift voucher for Xmas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the screen text larger

I need a microscope to see read the display. Either use all, large text and ditch the icons, or just use icons that are as large as possible and eliminate the text. SOMETHING. The backlighting is poor. Imagine, in an emergency, in the dark, can't find reading glasses, iphone camera is dead, and I cant read the screen to save my life. It's like you compromised to please everyone, and the result is poor. ALLOW me to pick a GUI format, eg. LARGE TEXT ONLY

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Design a SPOT X bag to protect the SPOT X from the water - Main

My Spot X remains on my deck bag of my kayak while I paddle. Constant sea water spray and immersion make me wonder how well it will stand up to this constant abuse. My previous Gen 3 was also kept in a waterproof nylon bag with a clear window that allowed full function while it was inside. I cannot find a bag designed for the SPOT X that serves the same purpose.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Firmware Updater Compatible with iPad

Can you not make the firmware updates compatible with iPad or iPhone? Very few people use iMac anymore

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Firmware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Waypoints from the Mapping GPS Coordinates - Main

in all mapping functions include the ability to add GPS points as waypoints. Camp sites, and some off road locations will not have addresses

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mapping Platform Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Syncing is awful - Main

There has to be a better way for syncing... my brand new Spot X keeps giving me this error message and I can't get passed 50% of syncing. This is terrible. Please help fix this bug!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Sync Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to have private conversation on the Shared map page

Spot X request: Please give the user an option to not have sent messages from Spot X to an individual populate on the shared map page. Would like to have ability to have a a private conversation instead of my half posted on the map with checkin's etc. Thanks, Bob

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide 40 messages per month on the SPOT X basic plan

I don’t understand why the 20 messages/month include both outgoing and incoming. One of the reasons I wanted to use the spot x on this trip is to keep in touch with my young daughter and aged parent, being able to send important messages. The current plan means I really can only handle a couple of issues each month, if you assume each ‘issue’ includes an exchange of 4-8 messages. This seems really stingy. Is it really expensive to be more generous with messages? Or could you just as easily include 40 message/month in the basic plan.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Service Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add basic mapping features to the SPOTX app

I kept trying to find the mapping feature on my iPhone through the app, only to learn from the customer service rep that I needed an entirely different app to view the mapping feature. Why?? Is there any reason that feature can’t be incorporated in the main app? Again, users of spot are on the move and certainly don’t want to be bothered opening several apps (or open a laptop or tablet). just to use the basic feature of mapping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mapping Platform Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base