Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I love the Sat view

The sat view is really good, and being able to click 'next' and 'prev' etc on the pop-up is a 'nice one'. The accuracy of location is truly impressive.

Keep up the good work!

Peter

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Would like the mapping platform to be user friendly

Frustrated with changes on the mapping platform and please have someone with expertise knowledge on mapping to call me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why is the new mapping system almost universally reviled in the reviews over the old system?

Why is this new mapping system getting such hugely poor reviews when compared to the old system??

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't use the word ASSETS to refer to Spot Devices

In your menus and instructions please refer to the Spot units as "devices" and not "assets." I feel the word "asset" in this situation is an vague pretentious buzz word.

It will confuse a lot of people.

Do you refer to your cell phone as an asset? Do you call your smart home devices assets? Of course not.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Data Storage Duration Improvement

Being able to access my tracks beyond the last 30 days is a huge improvement!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Go back to the old mapping style

I too have been a spot user for over 12 years. The majority of check-ins are for peace of mind for the family but also knowing I have help if I get in trouble. The new mapping system is far too complicated for the average person to check on someone. The old map was simple, login and you can see where the person is without having to go into 2-3 different selections. It would be nice to have the option to go back to the old version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back MY LOCATIONS so we can delete what waypoints we want.

Bring back My Locations and the ability to delete what waypoints we want. The new web page is horribly cumbersome and hard to use

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Numbered location pins

Location pins should be numbered on mapping. I previously had spot connect and my wife could log in to see where I was on her iPhone. Now all she sees is dropped pins

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Now that my wife has used the new software for a while she wants you to know that she still hates it.

It is called "usability testing". You missed that step. The new mapping software is the brainchild of some manager who does not have a clue. I learned a long time ago that if you have to spend $2 to keep an existing customer happy, you have to spend $5 to acquire a new customer. Really bad idea irritating your customers. You do realize that most customers who are unhappy do not complain. They just move on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a link back to my account login from the Shared Page

Add a link to the new share page to log into my account so I can easily delete my old paths. The old page had a company logo I could click on to take me to the main Find Me Spot page and then log into my account

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tracking Way Points must be Numbered on Historic Map

I use SPOT to track my Kayaking Adventures. On the old system, I could quickly look at a map, after an adventure and see my tracking way points, and they were numbered. I use a screen shot of each of my mapped adventures, to incorporate into my videos.

Please add a function, such that the # of the way point, can appear on the historic map (like it used to).

This is an important feature when teaching others, about the appropriate way to navigate.

Without the tracking # on the historic map, the map is useless to use.

Please add…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simulated output for API-

We use SPOT for tracking assets, and are developing software to work with the API. It would be helpful to have a simulated API to work with for software development (our spots often do not move, so it is hard to have a stream for software testing).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Daylight Savings Time to SPOT Mapping

There is no automatic calendar-based adjustment for Daylight Savings Time in the web settings, nor is there an equivalent manually settable option. As noted in the "Time Zone Issues" posting below, this is confusing to message recipients and, in case of an emergency, could cause a really serious problem.,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Difference between basic and advanced mapping alerts

Please update your documentation to indicate what alerts are available on the different assets (device) and what is the difference between a basic and advanced alert.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Put slide bars in the tracking-position and events screen

It would be easier to operate and use the position and events list if it had a side slide bar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See commnets below;

See comments by "jannadem" (3.13.20). New program is unnecessarily complicated to set up parameter and especially use by the casual computer used. I liked the old maps program but this one is veru UNuser friendly. THANKS TO ROBIN in your customer service group, who was patient, knowledgeable and professional and spent a long time with me on the phone, I can now get by with the basic features I need. Without her, no way. KUDOS TO ROBIN! At the very least, GLOBAL STAR needs to reconfigure this device and get ou a COMPLETE user manual that explains set-up (especially!) and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Go back to old format. Do not need new features.

Go back to old format do not need new features

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Update your satellite imagery. The image of Mystic River Connecticut is sometime well before 4/22/2018 (which is the Google Maps Date for t

Update your satellite imagery. The image of Mystic River Connecticut is sometime well before 4/22/2018 (which is the Google Maps Date for this imagery) - my guess is 2016 or earlier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base