Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Map lines should indicate direction

Map presentation of message history should indicate direction when lines are draw between points. This will ease the understanding of the route taken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable an EOF character at end of e-mail messages

Often when people reply to my messages I've sent them from my spotX, their response is too long and doesn't get sent. This is because their e-mail program is appending the original message, etc. Not all the people I message are tech savvy enough to manage this. It would be nice if a person could add an end of file character that would cause the spotx mail server to strip everything beyond that point: <eof> or something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide SPOT X User Guide in Italian

Wondering if does exist a SPOT X user manual in Italian language???If not can you provide one?
    Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fade grouped historic positions by time

'Fade historic positions' and 'Group positions' are two wonderful options, by themselves, but attempting to use the two together doesn't work until you zoom in enough to split up a group. If locations are grouped, the group icon should be faded according to the most recent time in that group, so if the whole group is years old, it is a faded group icon, but if something in the group was within the last hour, it's a solid group icon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tethering to PC for satphones

Why aren't you supporting or involved in this project?

https://github.com/bourretbrandon/globalstarlink

I was in Eastern Siberia recently doing research - way off the grid. I had my GSP docked in one of those Pelican cases with an external antenna running outside the tent. This marvelous little application I found before my trip made my user experience so much better! Just plugged the data cable into my laptop, and I was able to receive/send messages, view signal strength, and even see how many functional satellites were in the sky at any given moment. It's not all about asset tracking, guys. Some of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Data Storage Duration Improvement

Being able to access my tracks beyond the last 30 days is a huge improvement!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add to list of position format options to include Irish Grid

It's a relatively simply formula to convert Lat/Long coordinates into Irish grid positions. But currently I have to copy and paste SPOT reported Lat/Long position int a separate conversion app to get an Ordnance Survey map location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Broken Link

Your link to you Terms and Conditions is broken from payment screen!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Go back to the old mapping style

I too have been a spot user for over 12 years. The majority of check-ins are for peace of mind for the family but also knowing I have help if I get in trouble. The new mapping system is far too complicated for the average person to check on someone. The old map was simple, login and you can see where the person is without having to go into 2-3 different selections. It would be nice to have the option to go back to the old version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  1 comment  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ESN swap via My Account

MY DEVICE WAS STOLEN. I PURCHASED A NEW RETAIL UNIT AND WANT IT ACTIVATED BEFORE I GO INTO THE BUSH TODAY. I AM UNABLE TO GET THIS DONE UNTIL MONDAY???

WTF OVER

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add altitude reporting for Spot Trace

SPOT Gen 3 now has altitude reporting. However as far as I can tell, Spot Trace does not. It's silly for the altitude to be dropped from the fix before it is sent. Can a firmware update please be issued for Spot Trace that enables altitude reporting?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Trace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stronger Tracking Signal

Increase power for tracking signal. The tracking capability is too weak relative to other trackers.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back MY LOCATIONS so we can delete what waypoints we want.

Bring back My Locations and the ability to delete what waypoints we want. The new web page is horribly cumbersome and hard to use

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  1 comment  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Impact resistant cover for screen

Everything in the device is impact resistant, except the screen. In fact, the screen is quite fragile. There should be a flip lid, that opens like a book with hinges on the left to protect the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Merge Spot contacts + waypoints with new Spot Maps

Merge/Sync Spot contacs + waypoints in the devices settings with new Spot Maps contacts and places. Acutally i have to maintain the same contacts and waypoints twice.
    The waypoint creation in the device settings screen is horrorable bad!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A UK Customer Services Number

I understand why you want me to call you when I'm thinking of cancelling my Spot service - you want to talk me into renewing. I'm fine with that but I have to tell you that making me call a Republic of Ireland phone number from the UK, which is an expensive phone call, is not the best way to make me amenable to that.

By the time I'd been put on hold three times during my expensive phone call I was ready to cancel the service even if you gave it to me for free! It's testament to your…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep my account info

Keep my account info even after my term has lapsed. I went to reactivate today, my login still worked, but my device info had been deleted. This is poor service.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Flat bottom on SpotX

I just want to put in an idea for a small product upgrade. Put a flat bottom on the SpotX since the antenna needs to be straight up, so you can set it on something. With the Bluetooth version, it would be even more useful because you are texting with your phone and don't want to find a place to lean it against. A little clip-on flat bottom for existing ones would be nice as well.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hybrid Spot X globalstar + GMS/LTE connectivity

It make sense to have a hybrid device with satellite uplink and gsm/lte uplink including a dedicated phone number. the device can switch between the two services to forwared the messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to mark all messages as read on SPOT X

Since my Spotx malfunctioned a while ago and message notifications were not coming in then notifications all came in at once, I have not been able to zero message notification. Need a way to mark all as read just to get rid of the notification

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base