Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Facebook posts should include message text like Twitter posts

Twitter posts include the message text, but Facebook page posts just show the location link. Can you add the message text to the FB posts, as well, please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make topo maps available to SPOT Mapping

it's useless without trails from topo maps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remote high speed internet

I want remote high speed 100 gig month mobile internet for day trading .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sat-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow SPOT notifications when the smartphone is in DND

Use Apple's Critical Alerts so iPhone & iPad users get notifications even if their device is in Do Not Disturb mode. Then, if a boat or vehicle gets stolen in the middle of the night – when our iPhones are typically on Do Not Disturb – the alert will come through and I can take action immediately. See https://www.howtogeek.com/412925/what-are-critical-alerts-on-iphone-and-ipad-and-how-do-i-enable-them/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Trace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide the ability to select a start date when doing a first time plan activation

Provide the ability to select a start date for plan activation. This allows folks to plan their trip in advance. Better customer service as opposed to cramming to avoid being charged for a full month on a flex plan when there are only a few days left in a month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Billing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate with Google Maps App

when you send a GPS coordinate to someone, the link it brings them to does not have any options to open it in google maps. so that they can't navigate to it.

it should just send them to a Google maps link instead of a Spot landing page with a google map inside of it. makes it too hard for someone to launch those coordinates in google/apple maps and start navigating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. lights on the SPOT Gen3

I am color blind. Red, Green deficient. The only issue I have, is knowing if the message has gone or not. On the last trip I had one message not go as I could not tell if it was red or green. I shut down the unit too early and the message did not go. Maybe there could be differing colors. (White/Blue)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Switch Plan via My Account

I’d love to be able to switch my plan via my account page. You seem to have an account management system that is stuck in the 1990s.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Beep every 5 minutes if there are unread messages

Beep on new message.

There should be an option to beep every (1/5/10/30 minutes) when there is an unread message.

This would seem so simple to implement and so obviously necessary that it should have been done already.

I don’t want to check the spot 300 times a day, but I DO want to know if a plan has changed.

It should also have an option to beep if a message you sent has not been marked as sent within 60 minutes - so you can attend to getting better signal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Firmware Update percentage downloaded notification

Tell us how much needs to be downloaded and what percentage has been downloaded

It would be nice (and help folks who are on limited data) if the firmware updater gave information on the size of the updates that need to be downloaded. And telling us what percent has been downloaded during the process would help us decide if we need to babysit the device or should go do some other chore while waiting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Firmware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to edit SOS contacts via SPOT App

Spot App (for iPhone).
    I use my SPOT3 for various activities (motorbike riding. 4WDing, camping) and would to be able to tailor the SOS message information from the iPhone app rather message profiles at https://login.findmespot.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The user experience when adding SMS bundle not clear. There is no clear indication/confirmation when the transaction is complete

Please create a more standard online shopping experience for transaction on the website. Show shopping basket and tranactional process inline when a customer makes an order for your product or service so they know the cost and what they will be billed on their credit card.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New device should come with updated firmware

Why did you send me the GEN3 with firmware that needs to be updated. I should not be hassling with updating - that is your job initially!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better user guide and self help option

Started trying to set up my new Spot X more than 2 hours ago. I'm still working on it, and I don't think I'm close to done. The documentation you published is substandard where it isn't outright misleading. The whole thing seems deliberately designed to be as confusing as possible. I've managed to turn it on and pay for an account. Nothing after that has worked as expected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable an EOF character at end of e-mail messages

Often when people reply to my messages I've sent them from my spotX, their response is too long and doesn't get sent. This is because their e-mail program is appending the original message, etc. Not all the people I message are tech savvy enough to manage this. It would be nice if a person could add an end of file character that would cause the spotx mail server to strip everything beyond that point: <eof> or something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring back non-prohibitive price points.

Got my spotX a year or two ago, and I'm not a frequent enough user to get a subscription. Just went to activate on the monthly plan for a TRT thru hike and see that there's now an annual flex fee IN ADDITION to the activation fee IN ADDITION to the monthly fee? I understand you need to make money, but this pricing structure has scam written all over it. And it's more than a little maddening, as the SOS feature could literally save someone's life, and you're making it less and less accessible financially. Bon Voyage, Spot. I'm going…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. See Other SPOT X Users in My Hiking Party

I would like to be able to see other SPOT X users in my hiking party on the topo map. This may be a security concern, but if each of us gave permission to see each other's location, that would be incredible and an advantage over your competitors.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The new functionality of the new mapping seems to be a step (or more) backwards.

Trying to find anything is not intuitive. Roll back the software to a earlier version, or give users to choice of installing the older software.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simplify

Mapping is complicated and frustrating. Neither I, nor my viewers, want to spend hours trying to figure out how to use your new platform. Simplify things. The shared page should have some VERY SHORT instruction as to how to view things. The average viewer will likely give up trying to see where the asset is on a given day. Will likely not renew my subscription ( had it for nearly 10 yrs).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base