Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. how do I find ESN and authentication code on the box?

where do I find the authentication code? Or the ESN on the box? One of the 2 I don't find.. so can't login!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make activations simpler

Third time trying to activate where is the code and serial number etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have the web page go back to the same image (satellite, track, etc) that you were on last when reloading after expiration of site

When you're checking tracks the web page goes back to the beginning, does not go back to where you left the last time - i.e. on satellite view, how much enlargement, etc. It would be great if I didn't have to start over every time I checked a track.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Video Tutorial

Make a video tutorial explaining all of the functions and the web-interface options, they are not intuitive, explain each option. I spent a lot of time on chat with your tech that could have been done proactively with a video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Custom and Help messages should LOOK different, ie URGENT, to recipients.

I recently send a Custom message when in need of rescue. Some recipients did not notice that it wasn't just another OK check-in, but was a call for rescue in -20 weather from a remote Yukon location. Some did notice and sent rescue so ended well thanks to SPOT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display fewer data points on shared maps

I want to use the spot device as a real-time field personnel tracker, and want to only show the most current position.

Right now the least amount of data I can show is 24 hours. This is way too much for what I'm doing. I would like an option that displays only the last (ideal) or last two positions received.

Please add a 10 minutes or 30 minutes option to the edit shared page "Share GPS Locations from the Last:" dropdown menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Place SPOT Icons next to message edit tabs

Put the corresponding SPOT Icon next to the message tab on the edit webpage tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. One that works

One that wil pick me up anywhere in the world

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. website confusion

Device has custom on left and checkin / OK on right.
    Web page has Check In WITHOUT BEING FOLLOWED BY OK above
    Custom.
    Solution ADD OK after words Check In on web page. and preferably
    put Custom above Check In / OK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remote SPOT App sync with tracking database

Add ability to remote sync tracking messages to Iphones. I went out today and put my phone on airplane mode. After 4 miles and quite a climb, i was able to check the SPOT app for my track, but nothing was available. As explained by tech spt, if your device is not receiving cellular data, airplane mode, you will not receive the most current messages. Certainly understand that.

Add functionality to include a "Remote Sync" button in the Message area to down load the last, as example, 3 hours of tracking if available. Place a limit on the range of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Custom ICon on Map

Many of us use Spot for other than hiking. It would be cool if you could allow us to choose an Icon, instead of the default foot print. Like, gyroplane (me), airplane, kayak, boat, skis, jeep, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Associate a *.gpx file to the map

Improve in the map the possibliity to associate a *.gpx file would be great, because is importante for us know if someone is off the track.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Training

I am a new Spot Gen 3 owner and user. I have been eternally frustrated with the lack of training and support for new users. The manuals provide decent technical information but no practical information. For a device that is intended to be a lifeline for users, i am extremely disappointed in the available training. As a sidetone, your Youtube videos are embarrassing. there are silly, marketing videos that provide no information for new users. I continue to play with the device and test it but i must admit that it scares me to rely on it with so little…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SEND SPOT TEXT MESSAGES WITH A LINK

It would be most helpful when a text message is sent via SPOT if the geographic coordinates were sent as an internet link. As it is now the text message comes through with numbers that have to be cut and pasted in google in order to see where the message was sent from.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the gen 3 Has a designFailureThat being the coversOver the helpOr SOSButtons

I recommend a fix for this of a elastic band to fit around the device to secure those two tabsThe tabs being looseOn the one I haveA 16th at 3/32Inch We'll eventually lead toThat coverBeing pulled off the device or damagedTo the point of Uselessness. this Would be a inexpensiveFixYou re Representative Just suggestedIf theyPull-up in the first year you'll replace a deviceIf it doesn'tI'll let him put a cover onProtect it. It would be more cost-effectiveFor you to ProvideSome type of the other cover to protectThat button coverage

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. unhappy still

My idea is to for you to accurately map my data points at the time interval I have specified. I have it set to 5 minutes and the last tracking was done at the 10 minute interval. Also you say that the Gen 3 has a motion detector in it so it will only send data points when I am moving.,..,.,.,.,.,well if you look at my last track there was a time when the bike was not moving but 4 datapoints were still transmitted. I am not very happy with you folks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Website & App

Your website and app are super clunky. You would sell more products if your website and apps didn't look and function like they were from the 1990's.

If you'd like help. I work for a company that can handle those exact needs. Raizlabs in Oakland California.

Thank you!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Monthly Flex Plans for non SPOT X devices

Important enough to generate another comment. I love your product, and even though I was on hold for 40 minute until customer service picked up they were extremely pleasant (talked to billing rep as well), but the annual cost for me is excruciating painful given I only hike a couple times a year if I am lucky. Please give us the same option you have provided to GEN X. Thank you!

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When sending an alert to do a firmware update, include the new version#

When sending out an Email or social media post about a new Spot3 firmware version#, especially when you send out multiple such reminders about the same exact update, please include the version# of the new version in the alert, so users can quickly check whether they have already installed it. I've now seen 3 separate alerts for the 8/17/18 update to version 010400-010200-010200-010200, and none of them have mentioned the new version#, thereby requiring me to waste time repeatedly re-running the updater, just to be sure I'm still up to date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Feedback and Knowledge Base