Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set the time from satellite

What I expected: Time would set itself periodically from the satellite(s)

What happened: The device continually showed it was 2010

Details: To save battery, this could happen on first power-on after syncing, then only whenever contact with the GPS happened.
    I'd expect several "levels" of configuration:
    1) Get everything from the satellite, use my location to find the right timezone.
    2) Let me specify the time zone.
    3) Let me specify everything.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the microUSB charge connector on the Spot X to a USB C connector, so it won't matter which way up you plug it in.

Change the microUSB charge connector on the Spot X to a USB C connector, so it won't matter which way up you plug it in.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SPOT APP that supports SPOT X

Please make an app that I can use to track my husband from his Spot X as a computer is not always available to me.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. feedback on spot x

recently completed a 8 day backcountry ultra endurance race. My spot x was set on 30 min tracking. I started out with it inside a phone bag for extra protection but they told me that it wasn't transmitting so I removed it from the bag and it began working fine. the problems I had were: 1. battery only lasted about 3 days and I had to charge it up twice during the event (luckily I had capacity for this) 2. the charging usb cover is very cheaply attached and would come open during the course of the day forcing me…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the buttons more responsive

I have a terrible time trying to get the buttons on my Spot X to respond. I have to push and push and push before anything happens. I'm ready to return the unit I bought and get the more expensive Garmin device just to reduce operating frustratoin.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Functions that need to be on the next device to be comparable to competition

1. Font size needs to be larger - changeable - Font is super small and difficult to read even with good eyes.
    2. Delivery confirmation of message. It is unknown whether a message got out or not which makes it difficult to know if you are waiting for a response or just waiting.
    3. Nesting of text messages is confusing and should list the phone number / contact name of the thread rather than the text. It becomes confusing to know whether you have read a message or not.
    4. Back light - you need to be able to turn…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. User-configurable Main Menu

Allow user to configure which items are on the main menu. For example, I don't use Social Networks, so that is wasted on me.

In addition, I would like to delete the on-screen S.O.S.button since the hardware SOS button is all that is needed (and is safety-guarded) and the on-screen SOS button is all-too-easy to activate unintentionally, especially given there is no automatic lock screen.

Since the main menu is not touch-enabled (but looks like it would be), how about having a simple list of functions on the left, and the right 2/3rds could be a dashboard (current active function,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New spot generation with bluetooth (BLE) for reconfiguration/firmware update

Spot with Bluetooth to for firmware update/reconfiguration via Smartphone app

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SpotX should tone when sending SOS

When SOS is activated SpotX could make sound. Then if you could not see the device at least you could hear it

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wireless firmware update

I just paid for a SPOT X, then paid for activation , and for a service plan, and for GEOS … and cannot use my device because my computer’s OS is too old to manage the firmware updatefile. So I need to buy a new computer, or find a friend.
    Surely any device that can communicate by satellite can be tweaked to support wireless firmware update?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Continues Tracking

have the spotx device be able to track after pushing the button whether it feels movement or not.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically update your SPOT X downloader.

I'm so tired of running my copy of the downloader, connecting, and being told I have to manually download a new version because mine is out of date. This happens not on occasion but all the time. Please download a new version and install it automatically.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. font size

I am returning my device because the font size is too small to read. This is unacceptable for emergency situations.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. open google map

On the My Location page that is visible to people I message (https://www.findmespot.com/mylocation/?id=xj6-x), it would be great if there were an option to open the map in a true Google map, rather than just the map widget. For example, someone would be on the My Location page, click a "View in larger map" link, and a new tab would open to maps.google.com with the location highlighted. They could then get directions, find distance, whatever they need.
    Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Global setting for adding GPS coordinates and Altitude to messages

Just a nice-to-have: most of the time, I send my lat/lng and alt when texting from my Spot X. It'd be if there was a global setting to check these boxes by default when I create a new message (and I could then uncheck them manually for a specific message).

I want to thank the Spot X devs for listening to customer feedback. You've been really responsive in incorporating our ideas and I really appreciate it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple contacts in messages threads

When choosing a previous message thread to send another message if there was more than one person in the original message it will only select one recipient. It should send to the same group of recipients

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can it be Pinged

great question... So if on but not in tracking mode.... Can a web user ping the spot x causing spot to send the location at that time.... Theoretical should be possible as it is two way capable.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Play a recording when calling a SPOT X phone number

This should be an easy one, but very important. When someone phones the Spotx number it should not say the number is disconnected or no longer in service.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow more contacts to be stored on the device

You allow over 200 waypoints but only 70 contacts. I will never use that many waypoints. More contacts would be great

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video on how to use the Compass

in-depth video on how the compass works and how to use it on the SPOTX.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Feedback and Knowledge Base