Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SPOT app back up data.

I have had to uninstall reinstall the SPOT app and have lost the data that was available prior to uninstall.

Option via setting to manual backup/restore of data. Needed in case of new phone or uninstall reinstall.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improvement on background map quality

The background map used in message presentation is very inaccurate in the Nordic countries countryside. It should be possible to choose from different map sources with the same projection, like Openstreet, Esri maps.
    To get a good view of a route from ie tracking, you must today first export a set of messages to a .gpx file and import the file into another mapping solution (like Esri ArcGIS online or Garmin Basecamp). This is tedious and should not be necessary.
    Messages should also be stored indefinitely.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Continues Tracking

have the spotx device be able to track after pushing the button whether it feels movement or not.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the buttons more responsive

I have a terrible time trying to get the buttons on my Spot X to respond. I have to push and push and push before anything happens. I'm ready to return the unit I bought and get the more expensive Garmin device just to reduce operating frustratoin.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Timestamp incoming messages with the time they were originally sent, not when received.

The timestamp on an incoming message should be the time it was sent, like with e-mail. Currently the timestamp is the time received, which is useless information. A message like "see you in 2 hours" is meaningless on a device that fetches messages at long intervals, unless we know what time it was sent. You have the information in the header of the original text or email. Use that instead of replacing it on the Spot.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change the microUSB charge connector on the Spot X to a USB C connector, so it won't matter which way up you plug it in.

Change the microUSB charge connector on the Spot X to a USB C connector, so it won't matter which way up you plug it in.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SPOT map would smartly draw lines between Start/End of trips. Manual drawing of tracks also.

Developing a way to enable a trace to be drawn between location points? Both in the app and the SPOT account. A trail between waypoints would make the app/site far more user friendly. Allow for automated lines as well as manual drawing in case trips last over days and the map decides it is not only one trip.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. battery indicator, would be god to know if i should change the batteries before they die when i need it most

battery indicator, would be good to know if i should change the batteries before they die when i need it most

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. font size

I am returning my device because the font size is too small to read. This is unacceptable for emergency situations.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Get SPOT Tee Shirts!

Start selling SPOT Gear, like Tee Shirts, Hats, Jackets, Etc.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  SPOT Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make the SPOT Trace unit lockable

Make the SPOT Trace unit be able to lock into the mounting bracket to avoid theft and unwanted removal of the unit.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Trace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notify SPOT users via text message when there is a Firmware update

SPOT users need to know where there is a Firmware Update. Please notify us via Text or Email when there is an update available.
    You have NO problem letting us know when our Bill is due, how about letting us know when our Device needs an update ?
    During a recent trip my SPOT did not work. When I updated the firmware, the SPOT worked again. This is UNsat.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Firmware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stronger Tracking Signal

Increase power for tracking signal. The tracking capability is too weak relative to other trackers.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. feedback on spot x

recently completed a 8 day backcountry ultra endurance race. My spot x was set on 30 min tracking. I started out with it inside a phone bag for extra protection but they told me that it wasn't transmitting so I removed it from the bag and it began working fine. the problems I had were: 1. battery only lasted about 3 days and I had to charge it up twice during the event (luckily I had capacity for this) 2. the charging usb cover is very cheaply attached and would come open during the course of the day forcing me…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Message: As a person "color-challenged", it can be difficult for me to discern the colors on the Spot3 LEDs. Part of it is me and how I hav

Message: As a person "color-challenged", it can be difficult for me to discern the colors on the Spot3 LEDs. Part of it is me and how I have to attempt to discern colors- the flashing is much too quick for me to make a decision on what color it is (I have to work with contrasts). If the LEDs flashed in a slower manner (i.e. 1 sec ON), it would be helpful for me to determine what color I am looking at. Might sound weird, but us color-challenged peeps have to look at things a bit differently. Thanks for reading

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base