Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pause mode on Spot X NEEDS to be a selectable feature that can be turned off. As it is now, you cannot track while kayaking.

You introduced pause mode while tracking on Spot X recently. And, you forced it on us. While kayaking, since there is no walking vibration, Spot X goes into pause mode within minutes. Rendering tracking while kayaking useless. It is not a feasible solution to suggest that I shake the unit every 15-20 minutes to get it out of pause mode. Make pause mode on tracking with the Spot X an option that can be turned off. I suspect that I'm going to have this same problem long distance biking this summer. PLEASE give me the option to shut pause mode…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Functions that need to be on the next device to be comparable to competition

1. Font size needs to be larger - changeable - Font is super small and difficult to read even with good eyes.

2. Delivery confirmation of message. It is unknown whether a message got out or not which makes it difficult to know if you are waiting for a response or just waiting.

3. Nesting of text messages is confusing and should list the phone number / contact name of the thread rather than the text. It becomes confusing to know whether you have read a message or not.

4. Back light - you need to be able to turn on a back light.…
    16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLESE CHANGE THE 30 MIN WAIT AFTER STOP!

Currently, after a stop notification there is a 30 min window before new notifications will be sent. So... if I park my motorcycle and don’t wait beside it for 30 min someone could steal it inside of that 30 min and I’d get no movement notification. That’s crazy!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT Trace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share Shared page link directly via Whatsapp

Thank you. I found it, sent the share link to myself (email), copied the message, and then pasted it as a whatsup message to my friends. That seemed the easiest. You might consider making your "share" available to whatsup, not just email. Whatsup works worldwide even with limited internet while email does not.
    Kind regards
    Hürgen on sailing yacht Morwenna

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SEND SPOT TEXT MESSAGES WITH A LINK

It would be most helpful when a text message is sent via SPOT if the geographic coordinates were sent as an internet link. As it is now the text message comes through with numbers that have to be cut and pasted in google in order to see where the message was sent from.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve profile set-up by having selectable, saved contact details

Allow saved contact details so when modifying profiles contacts can be selected instead on continually adding emails and mobile phone numbers manually for each person. Also allow all contacts to be the same for each message as default so manual entry is not required continually.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scale

I need a scale on the "googlemap" site to figure out the distance of the waypoints.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. To identify my current usage/balance on my plan

I would like to be able to immediately identify my current usage/balance directly from my Sat Phone.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Access weather forecasts

Ability to receive daily text weather forecast for a specific area by simple plug in of an ipad

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow for multiple days tracked to appear on one map.

Wouldn't it be great to show multiple days of hiking or riding to show on one map.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like to see the speed at which the device finds satellites and sends messages improved.

I would like to see the speed at which the device finds satellites and sends messages improved.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would love to see an upgrade program for long time spot users to upgrade at a lower cost to the new technology

I would love to see an upgrade program for long time spot users to upgrade at a lower cost to the new technology.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Legacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Wrap on predefined messages list on SPOT X

Make it possible to go to bottom of 14 messages by pressing up when on the first message and back by pressing down

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. open google map

On the My Location page that is visible to people I message (https://www.findmespot.com/mylocation/?id=xj6-x), it would be great if there were an option to open the map in a true Google map, rather than just the map widget. For example, someone would be on the My Location page, click a "View in larger map" link, and a new tab would open to maps.google.com with the location highlighted. They could then get directions, find distance, whatever they need.
    Thanks

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pro-rata subscription

We are 77 years old and we do not go off road in Australia that much now, and we are getting away less in our caravan. Perhaps a subscription related to how many days in a year SPOT will be used. At the moment it is getting expensive.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Up date manual information

Up date the user manual information on the SPOT TRACE to let first time users know that they must log in and go to "my location" to find out where their TRACE device is once it has been activated.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT Trace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Aviation Charts inclusion in SPOT Account

Great product. It would be helpful, and a GREAT sales tool, if you could incorporate aviation charts for location. These "sectional" charts are easily overlayed on your present system and would create a bigger market for aviators.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make coordinates automatically send with message without needing to check box

Please update firmware to be able to automatically send coordinates with text messages without needing to check location box every time. It is so easy to overlook when sending a message. Should be able to set it one way or the other and forget it!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Spot X must accept AA or AAA batteries as an option without use of powerbank.

Having built-in only rechargeable is not sufficient for and emergency device targeted for outdoors-men and gals crowd.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Global setting for adding GPS coordinates and Altitude to messages

Just a nice-to-have: most of the time, I send my lat/lng and alt when texting from my Spot X. It'd be if there was a global setting to check these boxes by default when I create a new message (and I could then uncheck them manually for a specific message).

I want to thank the Spot X devs for listening to customer feedback. You've been really responsive in incorporating our ideas and I really appreciate it.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base