Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Monthly Flex Plans for non SPOT X devices

Important enough to generate another comment. I love your product, and even though I was on hold for 40 minute until customer service picked up they were extremely pleasant (talked to billing rep as well), but the annual cost for me is excruciating painful given I only hike a couple times a year if I am lucky. Please give us the same option you have provided to GEN X. Thank you!

437 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

97 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 30 days renewal notice

Send a renewal notice 30 days prior to taking a payment.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow me to test SOS feature

I would feel more comfortable with my device if I could test SOS before my trip.
    You could implement a "test mode" feature where I can press SOS and the messages are only visible in my account, but not sent to GEOS.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are excited to announce a way for you to test the S.O.S. feature on your SPOT device.
    In order to test the feature, your device must be active.
    Find the SPOT S.O.S. test feature under Device Settings in SPOT My Account.
    As always, thank you for being a SPOT customer.

4. Solar Powered Spotx

Make the SPOTX where it can recharge from the son as an option.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. RAM Mount bracket for SPOT X

Gen 3 and Tracker are supported by RAM Mount brackets. Please work with RAM Mount to add a bracket for SPOT X

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to re-queue failed sent messages (and, better yet, option to auto-queue)

If a sent message fails, it'd be awesome if I could simply re-send it as opposed to having to type it in again. Even better, I'd prefer that failed messages were automatically re-queued and tried again with the next message fetch.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Message fail / Received

I would love a better visual notification of a message failing and not being sent. And a better more visual on main screen that a new message has arrived.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  S Admin responded

We have made some changes to address this issue in our most recent firmware. Please be sure to update your device to firmware v1.6.8

9. Texting issue with SPOT X

Many issues with the texting on the SPOT X on my week long trip last week.

1. 90% of the time the bubble always has a "?", So you don't know if it went through until someone answers the text.

2. You see a new text from someone go to open it and it isn't there. Back to previous screen and you can see the preview of the new text still

3. Takes forever to process the texts. I got responses from a text before it was done processing it

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please be sure to download our most recent firmware as we have made significant changes to address these items.

10. Satellite phone with wifi

When we go on the open water it would be good to catch WiFi on your mobile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Word Wrap on longer messages leaves artefacts on the right side of screen

Just a bugfix required. On messages which wrap to multi-line, a single character (or part thereof) is left on the far right of the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please be sure to download our most recent firmware as we have made significant changes to address these items.

12. Improve handling of battery warning while typing message

When typing a message and you get the 20percent warning if you go back to the previous screen where you were typing your message, you have to start over. It loses all you have done. Needs a fix

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have made changes through our most recent firmware update to address this issue. Please update your firmware to v1.6.8

13. 6 month subsciption

Hello,
    our account is this: CUST0050418351
    is it possible to have a 6 month renewal at the end of our current contract (end of October) instead of a full year?
    Thanks,
    Anne

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Most of our service plans require an annual commitment with the exception of our SPOT X Flex Plans which are monthly. To learn more about our plans, please visit www.findmespot.com

14. Please add quick start guide link

There is a user guide link on the customization page. Please add quick start guide link there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The SOS on Screen Button

The Directional Pad is super sensitive. Machine is new so going through the menu and settings. Went to select "Fetch New Messages", but the slight movement of my finger as I was pressing the center button took me into the SOS feature. Quickly hit the "Cancel S.O.S." There should be a pop up that asks "Do you really want to activate S.O.S. feature" - yes or no/cancel - no/cancel takes you back to the main screen. The main S.O.S. at least makes you hold the button down for 3 seconds before the activation so there is a less likely chance…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Trade in Plan from gen3 to the new text communication types or phone

offer some kind of deal for current subscribers so we don't go with your competitors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

SPOT is excited to offer a special SPOT X upgrade for current SPOT customers. Current customers can purchase a SPOT X unit and transfer their existing service to the new device. Additionally, customers will receive a free upgrade to the Adventure plan (up to a $100 value), which includes unlimited messaging for the length of the transferred service. The $19.99 activation fee will also be waived. This offer is only valid for current SPOT Connect and SPOT Gen1, 2 or 3 customers.

17. Battery Charge

I do not think the battery will last 10 days. After 2 days of continues hiking at 30 min tracking and turning the device off at night it went from 4 bars to 2 bars. The temp range was between 50ºf and 80ºf.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Contact entry for S.O.V. has a blank name

Bugfix req'd. The S.O.V. entry in my contact list does not have a name (i.e. a text label for first or last name) associated with it. It does appear as expected at the top of the contact list, but appears as a blank entry with an '@' on the right side of the screen.

Additional odd behaviour: if I select a different contact name (e.g. I choose a friend from my contact list), edit the message, and then return to select contact names, the S.O.V. entry at the top of the list is labelled with my friend's name; there is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What about service in Latin American

I want to distribute this product in Mexico, is it possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SPOT X firmware that sends messages to the correct recipient

Current SPOT X firmware
    010300-010100-010200-010200
    Sends messages to the wrong recipient. Sending messages to the correct recipient would be a great new feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. This issue was fixed. Please make sure to update your device to the latest firmware.

Original issue scenario: If you send a message to contact group 1, then send a message to contact group 2, the message to contact group 2 is delivered correctly, but is displayed in the message thread of contact group 1.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base