What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

Longer Data Storage

I would like to see SPOT save the history of a customer's trip inside the account for the life of the account.
Strava (iPhone) for example retains all you have done and it offers summaries"

176 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Calv3n shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  S Admin responded  · 

We are actively developing a new mapping and storage system. Please check back for future updates on this project.

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kayinwyo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the numbers by the tracks bigger and easier to read.
    Make the time of the site longer before it times out.
    Put the numbers of the tracks by the data listing.

• berriemaas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I log in on my phone, I can see all my trips, even the ones I took 2 years ago. When I log in on my laptop, I cannot see any trips unless they are very recent. What's the point?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been asking for years for SPOT to show my entire trip on one screen / map....50 points is just ridiculous...having to flip between multiple pages to see where we have been on our yacht is too confusing for my family and friends...and not very interesting...so nobody uses it. Delorme shows your whole trip on a google maps layout...simple and beautiful. With this last rate increase I am finally going to cancel my subscription....and I can't do that online...and I can not even cancel my auto renew ....very very frusiting.

• Neville Pope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Likewise, the web page is showing me the last month or 8 points. The data is shown on my phone. Why can't I download it for storage on my PC for long term reference?

Absolutely agree. It should be possible to simply download a single GPX file instead of having to go through pages and pages of logs and save each one.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the website is a total joke - Spot are keeping the data because I can see it on the phone app but, as others have said, they won't display it on the website. Why not? Why on earth not?

My SPOT app on my cellphone still lets me see trips that I made last year, it is just the shared page that does not hold data longer than 7 days.

Trips recordings should be as long as the trip, not limited to 7 days. And they should be persistent so that they can be shared on social media and/or tied into pictures taken on the trip (maybe links to existing websites that are photo sites?)

The SPOT share page limits data to the 7 most recent days which is completely inadequate for longer trips. There should be unlimited data storage, and the customer should have the option of filtering the date range. Also, the functionality of this page has not been updated in years--not OK is this tech age--gives the impression that SPOT does not care about improving technology features and services for their customers.

• Ueli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if I could simply download the recorded date for a chosen time window as .gpx file. Todays system is not comfortable to use nor flexible. E.g. I can chose download per month, week, day in a menu. Filename could be selectable or day, week, month as default

Feedback and Knowledge Base