What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

Acknowledgement from a SPOT Transmission that the recipient has viewed the sent message.

Acknowledgement signal that a message sent from SPOT Gen 3 device was viewed by the intended recipient.

81 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ean.mcclane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After two years of flawless service I'm now experiencing MISSING status messages. I recently noticed that a MOVEMENT ALERT failed to reach my inbox. This is UNACCEPTABLE. The movements are all listed in my account, but email never reached my inbox. Customer service gave me boilerplate response about checking my spam folder etc. but none of the suggestions that they gave would explain why I get all my messages EXCEPT that once in a while one is missing. This new NETWORK FEE is NOT giving us any increase in services. You must have an oversubscribed satellite or are dropping emails at your data center.

• jimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

some way to know that your message was not only sent but also received on the other end

• Daniel MacDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) I have no idea how much battery remains when starting a trip. Avy beacons give a percentage full so that people (and partners) know they have enough battery for their planned excursion. Often I start tracking and before the end of the day the red light is flashing low.

2) Create a mechanism to know when a message has been received by the satellite (another blinking color or maybe a certain obvious blinking pattern or maybe just another light display?)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once a SPOT notification is sent, allow recipient to send a message confirming receipt and providing further information

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes messages do not arrive and there is no way of knowing it after the device stopped sending the message. Especially for the SOS function it would be important to confirm both the reception and that help is on its way. I have never had to use the SOS function. However, if I had to I would feel uncomfortable being in the middle of nowhere not knowing if help will arrive or if I better try to get somewhere else. As the Spot sends the location it is also not possible to move when waiting for help.

• Alain debelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be perfect, but I would be glad with a simple acknowledgment that my message has reached a satellite

• Alain debelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be reassuring to know if a sent message has been processed by the spot system. A led acknowledgement would be sufficient. Actually, one don't know if a message has reached a satellite. It is specially important in case of sos. Perhaps it would be necessary to move to a better place, but it is impossible to know it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base