What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

Better user interfaces.

All your tracking interfaces (phone app, public computer site, login computer site) are absolutely horrible. Upgrade them please! If you want ideas on what to do, simply look at the InReach interface -- it's much, much, better.

140 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also am interested in buying the wifi option for our Alaska cabin, but cannot get through to you via your online system-not very user friendly-at least not for an old man!

Frank

• Eric Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to reactivate my device, but cannot get past the Username and password. I have been given a new username by your computers, and also a new password...which when I put them in still won't allow me to register...exasperating. I will try to phone you, I'm a UK client. I am also being asked for serial number details on my Spot Gen 3 which are on the box packaging, or were, as I threw this away when I first registered the unit on 4th May 2016.

When entering emergency contact information, a shared phone number between personal information and emergency contact information should be allowed. For example. My house phone number is identical to my wife house phone number. Not allowing this isn't a great idea. Inform your customer of the risk of having duplicate info should be a possibility. Next, going to correct this in previous steps, only erases the information I just entered....now we're wasting time.....lastly, there is a an additional change ON TOP OF the yearly charge for the device. This was a surprise. Now....I'm paying for a service, where you're wasting my time AND tacking on surprises costs in the end. I'll sign up as I need this immediately, but will find other means in the near future.

Very difficult to cancel a subscription. Can't do it online. Service reps are hard to contact as they take far too long to answer your call!

• a.c.ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Language ambiguous - is "primary contact" when signing up oneself, the account holder, or an emergency contact? I don't see clear information about who will be contacted and what will be said to them if the SOS button is pressed, and am certainly not going to try it to find out. As far as contacts go we are still trying to work out who is getting what. Changing from American times and terminology to another albeit English speaking country is difficult. We know you are the most advanced country in the world - well, prove it to us - improve your website.

Totally agree. the website is very poor. Cannot log in because password no longer accepted. need to use phone instead. annual subscription has increased a ridiculous amount. will tell credit card company charge was unauthorized as I cannot contact spot.

This is not the easiest app or computer interface. If you need to send a message or read a message, most likely you are in a stressed situation. I have used my spots to send a message. Can’t figure it in a normal setting to test. If I login to the web site I can find the tracking, but no way to view or send a message.
        On the actual spot I have a hard time sending a message
        Great idea just need to be able to do things faster

• lynne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've spent 2 hours and still haven't found how to create custom messages

• Irritated commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that setup is annoying as ****. Hope I don't have to change settings very often. Also, online I found that I could pay $35/mo and cancel at any time, so I bought a Spot. And found out my only option is $200/year.
        WTF, Spot?

• Steve Gettel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible to navigate and difficult to enter info. I just activated a new spot and trying to enter new profile info. Web site freezes and does not allow me to update or populate new emails, messages, etc. This is simple web site functionality. FIX IT. I'm paying you $400 a year and I expect the web site to work. Especially entering emergency info and simple information.

its way too complicated. I can't tell if I've paid my subscription due 2 weeks ago or not. No receipt but no bills outstanding

• Stacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Design your website for IOS. When I try to look at the map for my friend's location in the Safari browser, the font is miniscule.

it would be great when pressing the "contacting us" button on your website would open.
        I hereby cancel my subscription and ask for information and confirmation
        CUST005011202080

• BravoRomeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spot's sharing page (and iOS app) are basic, but could use some passion behind them. Send the devs out hiking with Spot, and then have them use the web page and mobile apps. Give them some time and budget to really make these sing. The web site isn't responsive to a mobile browser and shows a desktop interface instead. InReach displays a nice, fluid mobile browser experience.

As I use my device only once or twice a year, I need to update/reactivate and refresh my capabilities each time.
        The website is not intuitive and almost impossible to self navigate !
        It is very frustrating and always results being back in MY Account area instead of how to make the device function simply and share the tracking screen with others.
        It is way to complicated...a simple basic function is required.

• Jérôme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The page share.findmespot does not works: it is necessary to communicate the complete link which is not practical ....

In addition, I bought a year ago a Spot Trace to simply be followed for a day hike in the Alps. The criterion was the price of the adonnement and with the increase of this year I will look closely at the Inreach device ...

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The FindMeSpot website really needs an update to improve filtering and display options. After 4 years I still find it hard to display just the last trip, and frequently my filter choice isn't applied. The number of points viewed per page is limiting, and there are frequent errors in waypoint numbering -eg resetting to 1 arbitrarily mid trip (after just a few hours). Having to come in the product entry tunnel is a pretty unprofessional user experience. Friends find it a totally unintuitive site and won't use it.

The device set up page is not intuitive, and, as mentioned, difficult to use especially when used only occasionally. Would be helpful if the page allowed the customer to build an address book/contact list to use when creating message profiles instead of having to build them from scratch each time or trying to recycle old messages profiles for new trips.

The Findmespot website is difficult to use. I use the website only a few times a year and struggle to find the where I need to go to make changes or find out what I need to find out.

It's by far the worst website to navigate of the many I use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base