Let us go back to old map format
need to stick with old format
I agree. They took a simple devise and made it complicated. All I wanted was something simple that my wife could keep track of where I was on trail and I could put out an SOS if necessary. Spot use to be that. Now it's just a cluttered mess in my opinion
Your new mapping format is horribly nasty to use.
When my family got a Check-in Message with the old format, one click and they could immediately see where I was.
Now it is so complicated and confusing to everyone that they are finding it impossible to see where i am.
They don't like it. I don't like it......
I have used and liked SPOT for 10 years. However, if this is not fixed when my subscription runs out, I will be going elsewhere for my family's peace of mind.
Please return access to account for changes from the shared page like old format, and provide access to "locations" list and enable editing.. (deleting) I fear that you have added many features that are of limited use and appeal for many, and removed some easy and useful tools.. A large step backwards perhaps?
New format is awful, Time for me to find a new gps tracker!
The new SPOT map is the most unfriendly platform ever created.
1. You lost the original intent of SPOT, which is to call for help and find where you are. It is not to keep track of your trips, because GPS is far better for this purpose.
2. Change confusing name Asset to Device. It is device and it is very clear what device means. Asset will not make it better, just confusion. I thought that asset was set of points until your agent told me that it is device.
3. Bring back Delete button to visible location and its functionality as it was before (with date filter). It is totally illogical to burry it deep in menu. I would never find it there without your help
4. Current delete button, if lucky to find it) deletes everything. Keep the date filter
5. “Check in” button brings out tons of useless info and takes you to a useless place. I use SPOT for flying, the same like many other people in our flying club. We all agree that the latest update is very bad and impossible to use. Many people are talking to switch to other devices. We are all 65 to 85 years old and many my colleagues are scared of computers. The message delivers frightening presentation and especially when receiver on phone. The fonts are microscopic and impossible to read. Your default link arrives as a text of 3 lines with unreadable micro text. Did you try to select your 3 line link on phone and the paste it to address bar.
6. This I and majority of my fellow pilots use the SPOT
7. I go flying, have to do some work there, waiting for weather until the good time to go. Before take off I press Check in. My message is sent to my wife to start to look after me just in case something goes wrong. She is not very computer skilled, but she is above average computer user. There is no way she could navigate though your presented info which is buried somewhere in weird named menus. She is somewhere in the mall and see the info only on the phone, which means she cannot see anything because it is unusable on the phone. She needs to see whole map and only map showing the current flight points and preferably with the last known point flashing. The actual coordinates could be read by clicking the point. After landing I press OK again to let my wife know I made it safely.
8. I found that https://maps.findmespot.com/s/K36V/4R is the perfect. This link or some other to produce the same result. It is very clear and it should be always default. Everything else to be optional. Currently you get tons of info but the most important substance must be painfully discovered.
9. What is alert and what is its purpose? Check in, Help, SOS… are already alerts. Why do you need another duplication.
10. My Check in Button:
Click the link below to see where I am located.
If the above link does not work, try this link:
You have received this message because "Jan's Spot Gen3" has added you to its SPOT contact list and attempted to contact you.
11. My Check in Button Edit shows only this. How to delete the rest to show only this link:
Thx for keeping it simple
Way too complex.Need the old format back.(Edited by admin)
Go back to old format do not need new features
InReach - here I come!
the new SPOT mapping is cumbersome and not intuitive.
Thx for at least listening
Acabei lendo todos os comentarios a respeito da nova plataforma de rastreamento e a grande maioria não aceitaram a nova plataforma, pois a mesma ficou horrivel, nada intuitiva , ficou muito complicada .
Fico pensando porque vcs da SPOT não volta logo a antiga plataforma ou pelo menos deixa o cliente escolher qual ele prefere.
Ja fiz outro comentario e como sempre nunca tive retorno da SPOT .
i heartily agree. had 2 friends looking at getting a spot but they do not like the new format. been a user for 15 years , now we have to see ( at the price point ) at least allow a way to use the old format too - gmail did that and even yahoo.
Soyez assuré que je ne renouvèlerai pas mon abonnement
Si vous ne revenez pas avec l’ancienne version
Elle est complexe et complètement inutile
Yes please give me the old mapping system back. Hate the new thing.
It is catastrophic!!! I want the old map functions immediately.(Edited by admin)
all I need if for some people to be able to see where I am and direct emergency services to my location if needed. the new features are absurdly unnecessary and complex. Your IT guys have too much time on their hands ...
Agree with comments re the old map. I'm trying to find how to share the track with my family. Old system was user-friendly. New system needs to have a "find a feature" help utility.
I find the new web site unintuitive. Simple things, like no SEARCH facility for functions; no highlighting of selected option in dropdown lists, no site map.
An exhaustive user guide with an index would be a big help. The "walkthrough" hasn't enough detail.
I want the previous system back so that the public can by default follow my track of linked locations and by default see which buttons I have pressed. Family and friends are comforted by easily seeing that my flights continue, step by step, until my planned destination. My shared page used to do that and it was what I bought my SPOT to do. Now, though, I would not purchase another SPOT and am tempted to use it only for SOS (which my PLB can do very well) and the HELP emails.