Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

What features and functionality would you like us to see next?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One that works

One that wil pick me up anywhere in the world

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Real time tracking & messaging

For flying we need mostly speed, altitude and track. Messaging via smart phone and real time tracking in remote areas would be more than helpful for our ground crew.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. website confusion

Device has custom on left and checkin / OK on right.
    Web page has Check In WITHOUT BEING FOLLOWED BY OK above
    Custom.
    Solution ADD OK after words Check In on web page. and preferably
    put Custom above Check In / OK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. date format

Allow the date format to be set to something other than US - it is just SO arrogant to think that the US date format is the only one required!!

I want an AUSTRALIAN date format available so reports and all areas of the site/app are easily readable to the rest of the world that does not format the date back to front as you do in the US!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow more contacts per features on SPOT My Account

At the Moment you can have only 10 active profiles per feature (check in, custom and help) the system should allow a lot more

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better global coverage for SPOT tracker. Start with French Polynesia

Better global coverage for SPOT tracker. Start with French Polynesia

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Firmware update

VERY disappointed. I followed all the stateps only to get a "You settings could not be loaded message" Yes, plugged in switch on and I have the Code.
    This is a life saving device, your updates should be rock solid.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Develop the phone app

Set the colour of your devise so that if you have mulitipe devises out you can separate them

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. handheld GPS

As a hard enduro rider who relies on both a handlebar mounted Garmin etrex20/30 and a spot3 in my camelback or toolbag, it would be good to combine the both

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better activation instructions.

You should say to hold the power button down until it flashes to power on. You do say this to power off however.
    Please state exactly which number is ESN and Authorisation code as it
    too hard to work out! There is three numbers on the side of the box or bottom of the box if you stand it up. there are also two other numbers on two separate pieces of paper inside. So from your instructions it is one of the numbers on those pieces of paper but the format of having a dash after the first digit is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Combination of SPOT functionality with PLB/ELT functionality for aviation usage

It would be great to have a device which combines the SPOT funtionality with a PLB/ELT funtionality for aviation. This would mean the addition of g-sensors to the device and the ability to emit the 121.5/406MHz Emergency Signal.
    Since some countries still demand the use of PLB/ELT devices (e.g. Austria) this would be a real benefit to have only the SPOT device on board with both functionalities.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remote SPOT App sync with tracking database

Add ability to remote sync tracking messages to Iphones. I went out today and put my phone on airplane mode. After 4 miles and quite a climb, i was able to check the SPOT app for my track, but nothing was available. As explained by tech spt, if your device is not receiving cellular data, airplane mode, you will not receive the most current messages. Certainly understand that.

Add functionality to include a "Remote Sync" button in the Message area to down load the last, as example, 3 hours of tracking if available. Place a limit on the range of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Training

I am a new Spot Gen 3 owner and user. I have been eternally frustrated with the lack of training and support for new users. The manuals provide decent technical information but no practical information. For a device that is intended to be a lifeline for users, i am extremely disappointed in the available training. As a sidetone, your Youtube videos are embarrassing. there are silly, marketing videos that provide no information for new users. I continue to play with the device and test it but i must admit that it scares me to rely on it with so little…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom ICon on Map

Many of us use Spot for other than hiking. It would be cool if you could allow us to choose an Icon, instead of the default foot print. Like, gyroplane (me), airplane, kayak, boat, skis, jeep, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When sending an alert to do a firmware update, include the new version#

When sending out an Email or social media post about a new Spot3 firmware version#, especially when you send out multiple such reminders about the same exact update, please include the version# of the new version in the alert, so users can quickly check whether they have already installed it. I've now seen 3 separate alerts for the 8/17/18 update to version 010400-010200-010200-010200, and none of them have mentioned the new version#, thereby requiring me to waste time repeatedly re-running the updater, just to be sure I'm still up to date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Indicate when a check-in message was actually sent, not before

The current behavior of the green "sent" indicator lighting up even when a check-in message was not ACTUALLY sent is EXTREMELY misleading and nearly caused an unnecessary emergency call on a recent trip. The "20 minute (and more) delay" is not widely advertised nor widely known. This specific behavior is causing me to start shopping for a different device.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow for Multiple Preset Messages

Allow the custom and check in buttons to send more than one per-drafted message. Press check in for message one (I’m ok) Double press check in for message two (Going to sleep). This would allow for 4 total messages to better communicate. You could even make it a button combination like hold down power and check in for four five seconds for message preset two etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. the gen 3 Has a designFailureThat being the coversOver the helpOr SOSButtons

I recommend a fix for this of a elastic band to fit around the device to secure those two tabsThe tabs being looseOn the one I haveA 16th at 3/32Inch We'll eventually lead toThat coverBeing pulled off the device or damagedTo the point of Uselessness. this Would be a inexpensiveFixYou re Representative Just suggestedIf theyPull-up in the first year you'll replace a deviceIf it doesn'tI'll let him put a cover onProtect it. It would be more cost-effectiveFor you to ProvideSome type of the other cover to protectThat button coverage

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. unhappy still

My idea is to for you to accurately map my data points at the time interval I have specified. I have it set to 5 minutes and the last tracking was done at the 10 minute interval. Also you say that the Gen 3 has a motion detector in it so it will only send data points when I am moving.,..,.,.,.,.,well if you look at my last track there was a time when the bike was not moving but 4 datapoints were still transmitted. I am not very happy with you folks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Feedback and Knowledge Base