Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. more space for medical information

I was trying to provide Geos with adequate information on my insurance situation and medical records, as those would be important information to have in a real emergency. However, the field where you can enter additional information for emergency responders has a very small character limit.
    I would like to see this expanded to accommodate more information.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Uk OS Grid coordinates instead of Satalite

Sometimes it’s more effective to use my local UK OS 6 or 8 figure grid system for locations rather than sattalite coordinates. And have the ability to change this on the fly with a mobile app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. MIL-STD-810F 507.3 is ******** for a device like this

Well, if you use a device like the spot, maybe it is possible, that you are outside... without a roof, inside a car or an umbrella.
    Like me, on a bike in Kenya. After a heavy rain, where the spot was mounted at the dashboard (not under the mudguard or inside the cooler), the spot quits his job.
    If you read a list on wikipedia, 507.3 defines only humidity, no rain or immersion.
    You can buy the cheapest watch from china, which is more waterproof then the spot...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SARTopo interoperability

I was told that there is no way to enter SPOT data into SARTopo. SARTopo is the system used for search and rescue ground teams in many states.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tracking option to send e-mails listed in ACTIVE profile once tracking starts.

I would like to send tracking information to the e-mail addresses listed in the ACTIVE PROFILE automatically when tracking starts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have real time tracking and messaging. Devices needs to be mulit purpose tracking and gas monitor

There needs to be messaging off the SPOT Devices that the personnel using the device can send us in office messages or use a voice call in remote areas. Their devices should work off of cell and satellite connections. There is competion out there that allows many of these features. (Slips,trips and falls is sensored and the office is alerted right away) I find there is to much delay in the SPOT system when the Check/OK button is used that leaves alot of questions with the Help and SOS buttons. Would be idea to see these devices also have the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More often pings. Instead of every 2.5 minutes, every one minute.

Ping my location every one minute instead of every 2 1/2 minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatic event driven distribution of messages. (Automated landing message on aircrafts)

Send automatically a message if the speed drops below defined speed for more than 1 minute. This could be used for automated landing message of aircraft, aircraft logbooks, automatic tracking.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We need a better way of labelling (marking) the various function buttons on SPOT gen3

The function buttons on our SPOT gen3 have all rubbed clean - no labels visible. Fine for my wife who uses it regularly but hopeless for me who uses it only once or so in a blue moon - no idea what button to press to say I'm OK or to track etc etc. Perhaps colour-coded buttons or deeper etching and better inking of the label icons into the surface of each button? (otherwise a brilliant device, thanks!)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. voice communication

to be able to send a voice message throught gen 3

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to send an image message.

Send an image through a small internal camera.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Determining mileage

I would like to see how far I had hiked between two points. For instance, I want to know how far it is between way point (or whatever you call them) 12 and waypoint 25, for example. If this already exists, I am not sure how to activate it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Messages texte

Il serait bon d’etre
    Capable de pouvoir ecrire des messages texte comme le (in reach) par exemple

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shorter tracking interval for aviation usage

For aviation usage (as replacement for Emergency Locator Transmitters) even the Extreme Tracking Interval is too long. With the typical travelling speed of a modern glider of approx. 120 - 180km/h (33 - 50m/s) the distance between two fixes comes to 5 - 7.5km. This is clearly to distant in case the data shall be used for SAR purposes. A tracking intervall of approx. 30 seconds would be great.
    It is clear to me that this service would cost more. I would be gladly prepared to pay for this extra safety gain!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow you to find friends in the same area

Allow you to find friends in the same área would be very helpfull to find friends you might want to meet or also people that may have got lost of you or a group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Feedback and Knowledge Base