Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Develop the phone app

Set the colour of your devise so that if you have mulitipe devises out you can separate them

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better global coverage for SPOT tracker. Start with French Polynesia

Better global coverage for SPOT tracker. Start with French Polynesia

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT Gen3  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get data that is stored on the phone.

While the tracking is stored for only 30 days, longer adventures are stored on the phone app.
    We should be able to get the data from the phone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. handheld GPS

As a hard enduro rider who relies on both a handlebar mounted Garmin etrex20/30 and a spot3 in my camelback or toolbag, it would be good to combine the both

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Une gamme de nouveaux abonnements ?

Il serait judicieux de nous proposer des abonnements au mois, 3 mois, 6 mois, 1 an et 2 ans avec des tarifs adaptés.
    L'abonnement devrait également s'arrêter automatiquement à terme échu.
    merci

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Save Filter Preferences While Tracking a Trip

My organisation uses multiple SPOTS to track groups regularly. When i want to view the tracking of just one device I enter in the spot number and date preferences that I would like to be viewed. Everytime the session times out and I log back in I have to re-enter my preferences I want to view and start again. It would be great if my preferences could be saved while tracking a trip.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Paiement

Ill prefer you allow to pay the annual fee after a message with mail. i change régulary my card...
    Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MIL-STD-810F 507.3 is ******** for a device like this

Well, if you use a device like the spot, maybe it is possible, that you are outside... without a roof, inside a car or an umbrella.
    Like me, on a bike in Kenya. After a heavy rain, where the spot was mounted at the dashboard (not under the mudguard or inside the cooler), the spot quits his job.
    If you read a list on wikipedia, 507.3 defines only humidity, no rain or immersion.
    You can buy the cheapest watch from china, which is more waterproof then the spot...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SARTopo interoperability

I was told that there is no way to enter SPOT data into SARTopo. SARTopo is the system used for search and rescue ground teams in many states.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More often pings. Instead of every 2.5 minutes, every one minute.

Ping my location every one minute instead of every 2 1/2 minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mountain Bike/ Cycle Frame Spot Harness

Market through europe and other countries a soft harness for mounting spot gen 3 to a mountain or other pedal cycle.
    The belt or shoulder harness that can be found on your accessories site"SPOT Personal Tracker Rugged Carry Case - Mossy Oak Camo" isn't really suited to bike mounting. Look at something like the American brand Bedrock bags and their Spot harness. Possibly market this for them in europe?
    Ta

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Combination of SPOT functionality with PLB/ELT functionality for aviation usage

It would be great to have a device which combines the SPOT funtionality with a PLB/ELT funtionality for aviation. This would mean the addition of g-sensors to the device and the ability to emit the 121.5/406MHz Emergency Signal.
    Since some countries still demand the use of PLB/ELT devices (e.g. Austria) this would be a real benefit to have only the SPOT device on board with both functionalities.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remote SPOT App sync with tracking database

Add ability to remote sync tracking messages to Iphones. I went out today and put my phone on airplane mode. After 4 miles and quite a climb, i was able to check the SPOT app for my track, but nothing was available. As explained by tech spt, if your device is not receiving cellular data, airplane mode, you will not receive the most current messages. Certainly understand that.

Add functionality to include a "Remote Sync" button in the Message area to down load the last, as example, 3 hours of tracking if available. Place a limit on the range of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When sending an alert to do a firmware update, include the new version#

When sending out an Email or social media post about a new Spot3 firmware version#, especially when you send out multiple such reminders about the same exact update, please include the version# of the new version in the alert, so users can quickly check whether they have already installed it. I've now seen 3 separate alerts for the 8/17/18 update to version 010400-010200-010200-010200, and none of them have mentioned the new version#, thereby requiring me to waste time repeatedly re-running the updater, just to be sure I'm still up to date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. the gen 3 Has a designFailureThat being the coversOver the helpOr SOSButtons

I recommend a fix for this of a elastic band to fit around the device to secure those two tabsThe tabs being looseOn the one I haveA 16th at 3/32Inch We'll eventually lead toThat coverBeing pulled off the device or damagedTo the point of Uselessness. this Would be a inexpensiveFixYou re Representative Just suggestedIf theyPull-up in the first year you'll replace a deviceIf it doesn'tI'll let him put a cover onProtect it. It would be more cost-effectiveFor you to ProvideSome type of the other cover to protectThat button coverage

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. phone number no dashes

dont allow users to use dashes when adding phone numbers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make it clear that phone numbers cannot have dashes.

when setting up message profiles and the user wants to put in a phone number, next the the "phone number" heading put do not use dashes by it and move your example to the top of the page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. GPS History

Hi, when I access the page myaccount/locations/history i didn't see any registry. I've tried to put a long period of time regarding to see that but doesn't work. could you help me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. RECLAMAÇÃO

No mês de julho 2018 entrei em contato com o site para ativar meu rastreador pessoal SPOT GEN 3 e no momento questionei se teria desconto a vista, o que não foi dado, me cobrando 599 reais pelo contrato de um ano, hoje entretanto, vejo na pagina promoção de 25% de desconto com valor de 449,25 reais, me sinto lesado, pois ainda nem paguei minha fatura, entrei em contato com o protocolo 87328081, não fizeram nada, vou para o PROCON e ajuizar causa no TJMG PEQUENAS CAUSAS, estou indignado com essa injustiça.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show my phone location on your map when I am logged into your app like google, MTB Project and Avenza.

I lost my keys in an area with little to no cell service. Would have been great to have sent my wife a check in text and have her log in and see her location compared to my last communication. This could also be helpful in S and R situations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base