Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SPOT X battery/Power Issues - Main

I just bought a Spot X and the battery is not charging even thought it says that is is hooked up to the usb and plugged in????

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable the ability to have tracking turned on by default

We are trying to implement our lone worker program using the SPOT-X. The inability to set Tracking on by default is seen as an issue with the product. It would be very helpful to have the ability to turn this on by default if desired.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to share waypoints in SpotX - Main

Not always you want to send your actual position, but a "rendez-vous" location. It would be nice to have the option of sending a waypoint in a message.
    For example: Meet me at this point: 50.xxxx, -66.yyyy. Receiver can map it directly and not having to enter the position in a GPS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Use regular batteries on the SPOT X not just rechargeable.

Should be option to use regular batteries or rechargeable. Having just rechargeable means have to carry MORE technology to recharge. Maine winters get -30F and wilderness trips can last ten days or more. A few AAA batteries are easier to carry than a charger which can also drain in the cold. Solar charges are useless if cloudy, snowing conditions. Bad feature of the SPOT X.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the screen text larger

I need a microscope to see read the display. Either use all, large text and ditch the icons, or just use icons that are as large as possible and eliminate the text. SOMETHING. The backlighting is poor. Imagine, in an emergency, in the dark, can't find reading glasses, iphone camera is dead, and I cant read the screen to save my life. It's like you compromised to please everyone, and the result is poor. ALLOW me to pick a GUI format, eg. LARGE TEXT ONLY

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Design a SPOT X bag to protect the SPOT X from the water - Main

My Spot X remains on my deck bag of my kayak while I paddle. Constant sea water spray and immersion make me wonder how well it will stand up to this constant abuse. My previous Gen 3 was also kept in a waterproof nylon bag with a clear window that allowed full function while it was inside. I cannot find a bag designed for the SPOT X that serves the same purpose.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to have private conversation on the Shared map page

Spot X request: Please give the user an option to not have sent messages from Spot X to an individual populate on the shared map page. Would like to have ability to have a a private conversation instead of my half posted on the map with checkin's etc. Thanks, Bob

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Advertise better the app compatibility (only with Android 7 or better)

I discovered just after the purchase that the Spot X app is only compatible with Android 7 or better. My second smartphone is compatible, but my main smartphone is not. If I hadn't had a second smartphone, that would have made of me a very annoyed customer, and very vocal on the internet. This is not the only problem with the way Spot markets its devices. Please improve your ethics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow check-in during tracking

A check-in can be very useful when passing near a trail junction for a hiker. One can walk past the junction and send a "check-in" message to make clear the path which is taken, without waiting the 10 minutes. Also, getting in a wood and getting out of the wood would rationally require an immediate check-in without waiting 10 minutes. I understand there is the fear that people manually sends "check-ins" every 5 minutes, but there could be a counter to avoid the "unfair" use of the function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SpotX hardware problem

I was having trouble with the power button on my SpotX. It was always problematic, but recently it stopped working completely. I initiated a warranty replacement, and I'm confident the replacement unit is in transit. In the meantime, I took the opportunity to take the faulty SpotX device apart to see if I could determine the failure mode. To my surprise, when I split the case, I found the power button loose, down in the bottom of the case. The surface mount switch was not properly soldered to the PCB during manufacturing. The 3 conductors were not soldered to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the color of the SPOTX power button

I had to go to the manual to find out how to turn the device on or off. While the small button is well protected against accidental turn on, turn off, it's hard to see. Could you use an orange button?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Back button easier to use

The direction pad and button work well, with good haptic feedback. By contrast the back button is difficult to use. This needs to be a button that gives feedback. I would hate to try to operate this with cold fingers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Beep every 5 minutes if there are unread messages

Beep on new message.

There should be an option to beep every (1/5/10/30 minutes) when there is an unread message.

This would seem so simple to implement and so obviously necessary that it should have been done already.

I don’t want to check the spot 300 times a day, but I DO want to know if a plan has changed.

It should also have an option to beep if a message you sent has not been marked as sent within 60 minutes - so you can attend to getting better signal.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Compass works erratically

I went through the calibration process as described in the manual, thereafter at our campsite it showed geographic north where the sun came up that morning (90 degree error)! A week later at home it showed north more or less correctly

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integration with onX hunt (Hunting GPS App)

Intergrate with onX hunt. When in onX and I share location I would like to get the spot X app as an option.

AS it is right now I have to copy the onX location and paste into SptoX

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show state of battery charge while charging.

Unbelievable that you can't see the state of battery charge while charging. Have to turn it on and stop charging to see the miniature icon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Spot X compas

A tutorial on how to use the compass would be very helpful.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Information to FAQ

PLEASE, in the FAQ section, let it be known that if you purchase a used device and the original owner does not deactivate the account that you cannot register or use the device under a new account. I had no idea this would be an issue. Thankfully, your rep was able to contact the original owner and get the OK to deactivate their account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need a screen protector for the SPOTX

Need a hard plastic screen protector, like .060 lexan. Using an easily damaged LCD screen that can puncture for a rescue device was not a good move.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. See Other SPOT X Users in My Hiking Party

I would like to be able to see other SPOT X users in my hiking party on the topo map. This may be a security concern, but if each of us gave permission to see each other's location, that would be incredible and an advantage over your competitors.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base