Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spot X

Forward / Copie - text message and email. I would love to have messages which are sent to my spot device to be sent to my phone as well. This would be extremely useful when the device is not active. ( Currently there is an option for 72h but ideally, if it could be sooner it would be better )

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SPOT X auto whitelist

So we pay for all spam received. Blacklisting is useless since spammers change the numbers they send from.
    Provide option to whitelist all contacts and every phone number we have sent a message to, blocking others.
    Remember in an emergency, we need to permit messages from an unknown SAR or park staff. How would that work in the field without a web interface? Best to automatically turn off spam prevention after SOS button is pressed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatically update your SPOT X downloader.

I'm so tired of running my copy of the downloader, connecting, and being told I have to manually download a new version because mine is out of date. This happens not on occasion but all the time. Please download a new version and install it automatically.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change the microUSB charge connector on the Spot X to a USB C connector, so it won't matter which way up you plug it in.

Change the microUSB charge connector on the Spot X to a USB C connector, so it won't matter which way up you plug it in.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Backlight the back, track, and SOS keys. And while your at it...add some bumps so it can be stood vertically on a flat or semi flat surface

You make a big deal about backlit keys, but the “back”, Track, and SOS keys are all invisible in the dark and entirely smooth to the touch.

Also, the frequent prompts regarding pointing the antenna skyward arent aided with any small molded “feet” at the base to enable it to be stood up unattended on a flat, or semi-flat surface.

Minor gripes but oh so easy to have included....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow multiple groups in a To:

Currently I'm unable to include multiple groups in the To: line. For example, I want to send a predefined message to Grp1 and Grp2. Grp1 is our emergency contacts, and Grp2 is for casual contacts. Having to send the same message twice incurs more battery load here, and wastes resources with re-sending the same text to different addresses.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto delete older messages

My SpotX seems to take a while to load messages when there is alot in the message thread. Need to be able to set auto delete for 5 or 10 messages
    Rod

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SOS Profiles

On the Spot2 and the Gen3 we had ten profiles that we could change which included an SOS profile for that profile you had chosen but on the Spot X you can not so if you hike in one area you would have to delete that and re-write the sos message for that hiking area you are in there is loads of information that you could write in for more support to the GEOS team just for that area no are is the same which I had 10 could you make it so that we could highlight that SOS profile…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Functions that need to be on the next device to be comparable to competition

1. Font size needs to be larger - changeable - Font is super small and difficult to read even with good eyes.
    2. Delivery confirmation of message. It is unknown whether a message got out or not which makes it difficult to know if you are waiting for a response or just waiting.
    3. Nesting of text messages is confusing and should list the phone number / contact name of the thread rather than the text. It becomes confusing to know whether you have read a message or not.
    4. Back light - you need to be able to turn…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the typing keys more tactile.

The keys are small and I have to hit them with my fingernail. If they were not so slippery it would be a lot easier.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Manage groups without a PC

The requirement to use a PC to manage groups (create, edit, delete) is absurd. Hiking the Appalachian or Pacific Crest Trail and needing a PC to add rescue or support groups? Sitting in an island anchorage with no power for a PC and needing to add mutul support or float plan groups? Driving to Prudehoe Bay or along Baja California with no power for a PC and no way to manage support and safety groups? This is simply ridiculous.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. open google map

On the My Location page that is visible to people I message (https://www.findmespot.com/mylocation/?id=xj6-x), it would be great if there were an option to open the map in a true Google map, rather than just the map widget. For example, someone would be on the My Location page, click a "View in larger map" link, and a new tab would open to maps.google.com with the location highlighted. They could then get directions, find distance, whatever they need.
    Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. User-configurable Main Menu

Allow user to configure which items are on the main menu. For example, I don't use Social Networks, so that is wasted on me.

In addition, I would like to delete the on-screen S.O.S.button since the hardware SOS button is all that is needed (and is safety-guarded) and the on-screen SOS button is all-too-easy to activate unintentionally, especially given there is no automatic lock screen.

Since the main menu is not touch-enabled (but looks like it would be), how about having a simple list of functions on the left, and the right 2/3rds could be a dashboard (current active function,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New spot generation with bluetooth (BLE) for reconfiguration/firmware update

Spot with Bluetooth to for firmware update/reconfiguration via Smartphone app

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Trackpad Color

The center button for the trackpad on the SPOTX should be ORANGE or have a symbol on it to make troubleshooting for customer easier. And add arrows to the other buttons for up, down, left, and right.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dashboard / Lock Screen

Create an "at a glance" lock screen that also serves as a screensaver after a configurable timeout of inactivity. This dashboard could show in big easy-to read text current status: Tracking / Paused, New Message Received, Distance to Next Waypoint, SOS Activated, etc.

Right now the only lock screen is manually activated and just has some fine print describing how to unlock (also the online full user manual describes the lock screen procedure incorrectly, while the screenshot shows it correctly; took me several tries to figure out the screen shot was the correct procedure).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SPOT X  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Health Feature SpotX

add the ability to track steps on SPOTX so can use it as an exercise device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The center (enter) part of the 5 way controller needs to be easier to press

I'm finding the 5 way controller on my new Spot X hard to use correctly, especially the center (Enter) button. Too often when trying to press it, I select one of the four directional arrows instead. It often also feels too stiff, tho that may lessen with use. I have no such troubles on the equally-small 5 way controller on my Nikon One J5 camera.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can it be Pinged

great question... So if on but not in tracking mode.... Can a web user ping the spot x causing spot to send the location at that time.... Theoretical should be possible as it is two way capable.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base