Welcome to My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT

We are dedicated to creating products that fit your life, keep you safe and bring you peace of mind when you are enjoying the world outside of cellular coverage. By working with UserVoice, we have created My Voice to let your voice be heard, gather your ideas for improvement, new products development and improved customer experience. While we cannot guarantee that any specific ideas will be implemented, we will ensure that your ideas and comments play a role in future updates, process and products.

Using My Voice
1 – Share your ideas. First check to see if it’s already been suggested and if so, vote for your favorites!
2 – If you have a new suggestion, submit it below.
3 – Ideas are reviewed for clarity, language and impact.
4 – If an idea has been considered for additional review, we’ll update its status.

My Voice for Globalstar and SPOT is a public forum, so we discourage you from providing any personal information within your ideas including account information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Explain better that tracking is triggered via vibrations

First, explain UP FRONT that the tracking feature does not work via changes in gps positioning, but via vibrations—on the person, the boat. My tracking kept stopping, probably because I had hung it safely under our dodger where it would be protected from shocks….exactly the WRONG thing to do!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Guide & Self-help  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide information on how to make the spotx function to establish tracks

There is no information for a neophyte user to begin using the device. For example, what does one do after turning it on and syncing it? If someone wishes to share tracks, how does one make the device create tracks. That should be front and center in all information about the device yet I had to call customer service to get instructions on how to do so. I saw nothing online to help.

Also, when a person is trying to follow your web instructions on their MyAccount pages, why not post links to the manual for further or better instructions?…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Guide & Self-help  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better tutorials and better descriptions of services and options

As a ferry pilot who professionally moves aircraft through vast terrain and wilderness I decided to invest in a SpotX device for safety and position reporting. I'm a tech-savy person and I find many things to be convoluted as well as lacking in functionality and descriptions. I almost don't even know where to start. Why is it so difficult to build contact and check in lists? Why can't I choose my contacts for Check-in on the device or app? Why is it making me add contacts manually on the web? When you go to mapping, and it gives service offerings,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better user guide and self help option

Started trying to set up my new Spot X more than 2 hours ago. I'm still working on it, and I don't think I'm close to done. The documentation you published is substandard where it isn't outright misleading. The whole thing seems deliberately designed to be as confusing as possible. I've managed to turn it on and pay for an account. Nothing after that has worked as expected.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Guide & Self-help  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base